Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

how to make chaos look nice

Posted by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 12:27 AM
  • 11 Replies
  • 200 Total Views

Mobile Photo

The park managers want this to look nice. Everything you see in the pictures minus the wagon are being used as planters for gardening. So how do I make it look nice. Another picture below.
by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 12:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
opinionatedmom
by Gold sister on Mar. 13, 2014 at 12:37 AM
This area is all concrete. You are looking at the south and West sides. If I can get the next picture to load.
opinionatedmom
by Gold sister on Mar. 13, 2014 at 12:48 AM

Mobile Photo

This
mustbeGRACE
by Bronze sister on Mar. 13, 2014 at 4:46 AM
2 moms liked this

Build a box around the planters at the end of the trailer. 12 inchs out. Make it a foot high. Paint it black or maybe white to blend in more.

That way they'll still get sun.

Pull off a piece of the lattice on the back of the porch, careful to not break it. Condense the stuff in front, stack what's left and put in white trash bags. Put it under the porch in the back and put the lattice "back up". You'll need to get in there later.

Leave the wagon out?

Paint the porch white, black or tan. ( match the box at the end of the trailer?)

ALolies
by Red Room Rebel on Mar. 13, 2014 at 5:16 AM
Good advice

Quoting mustbeGRACE:

Build a box around the planters at the end of the trailer. 12 inchs out. Make it a foot high. Paint it black or maybe white to blend in more.

Pull off a piece of the lattice on the back of the porch, careful to not break it. Condense the stuff in front, stack what's left and put in white trash bags. Put it under the porch in the back and put the lattice "back up". You'll need to get in there later.

Leave the wagon out?

Paint the porch white, black or tan. ( match the box at the end of the trailer?)

wenuck
by Moonshine on Mar. 13, 2014 at 7:43 AM

Sounds nice and simple! Great advice =)

Quoting mustbeGRACE:

Leave the wagon out?

Maida265
by Spanking the Monkey on Mar. 13, 2014 at 8:00 AM

I would say add some sort of boarder. Either box or find some sort of garden lattice or other material to contain the pots, giving the outward appearance of an enclosed garden area and have more curb appeal.

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Mar. 13, 2014 at 8:15 AM

I would make sure that the plants in the top planters are those that will cascade down to the lower planters. I would get some solar lights (just got some at the dollar tree) and place in the corners.

I used a wheelbarrow once as a planter and had one lady ask me to make her one because she was impressed with how it looked and how all the plants and herbs went great together..

opinionatedmom
by Gold sister on Mar. 13, 2014 at 8:52 AM
So put the totes and trash cans closest to the front of the trailer? With the planters in front of them? The area by the wagon is a concrete slab. So do I put the square planters there? I have been trying to figure out the curb appeal thing for months. Do I take handles off of the buckets?

Quoting dana63:

I would make sure that the plants in the top planters are those that will cascade down to the lower planters. I would get some solar lights (just got some at the dollar tree) and place in the corners.

I used a wheelbarrow once as a planter and had one lady ask me to make her one because she was impressed with how it looked and how all the plants and herbs went great together..

opinionatedmom
by Gold sister on Mar. 13, 2014 at 8:56 AM
In front of the porch there is a concrete slab with a border. The totes and trash cans imo look so out of place.

Quoting Maida265:

I would say add some sort of boarder. Either box or find some sort of garden lattice or other material to contain the pots, giving the outward appearance of an enclosed garden area and have more curb appeal.

opinionatedmom
by Gold sister on Mar. 13, 2014 at 9:01 AM
How do I make totes and trash cans look like they belong instead of trashy?

Quoting mustbeGRACE:

Leave the wagon out?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN