Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Way to go Honey Maid Graham crackers

Posted by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 10:23 AM
  • 16 Replies
  • 372 Total Views
2 moms liked this

I was watching the news and saw the Honey Maid Graham cracker commercial and LOVED IT! It features a gay couple, interracial couple, single father, a father covered with tattoos, and a Military family. THIS is what America is made of, people who can be of different race, culture, religion and sexual preference and still be a GOOD family with great values.

In my opinion what makes a family is two people who love each other and their children. It isn't about someone sexual preference, color of their skin or for that matter what is on their skin but whats in their heart.

The sad part is there are still haters who think that gays should not be parents and because a man (or woman) is covered with tattoos they are seen as druggies (rockers and abusers) and unfit to be a good parent and those who feel that each culture should stick to their own.

I think that no matter how we evolve we will always have those who hate and feel they are right. Is it just fear to allow themselves to see the person as a human and not the negative they are taught?

Good for you Honey Maid because you didn't allow the haters to stop you from showing a good wholesome American family!! :)

Join us for coffee&support (_)3

by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 10:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wenuck
by Moonshine on Mar. 13, 2014 at 10:30 AM
1 mom liked this

Way to go Honey Maid!!!! Yay!! =)

AndrewsMomPDX
by Christine on Mar. 13, 2014 at 10:35 AM
1 mom liked this

I haven't seen the commercial but love their initiative that there is a lot of diversity out there!

BL2010
by BL on Mar. 13, 2014 at 11:21 AM

Awesome!

brooklynchic151
by Suzi Q on Mar. 13, 2014 at 11:54 AM
Haven't seen it yet. But sounds right on the money !!!!
Maida265
by Spanking the Monkey on Mar. 13, 2014 at 12:59 PM

I haven't seen this commercial but if I had...I bet I would have loved it! Now I'll be looking!

BL2010
by BL on Mar. 13, 2014 at 1:34 PM
1 mom liked this

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Mar. 13, 2014 at 6:40 PM
1 mom liked this

I decided that even though I dont eat graham crackers I will buy them for the grandkids.

momofsixangels
by Gold sister on Mar. 13, 2014 at 8:21 PM

I saw that the other night

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Mar. 14, 2014 at 12:26 AM
1 mom liked this

ty for putting this up..  I saw a quick piece yesterday when I was changing the channel...didn't know what it was for...  so cute/love this...

Quoting BL2010:

arismommy611
by on Mar. 14, 2014 at 12:31 AM
That is awesome! What is especially ironic is that graham crackers were originally invented as a way to prevent masturbation. Same with corn flakes. It was thought that the blandness would "tame" the passionate urges in young men. Glad to see they have broadened their values :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN