Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

FUNNY because I've been meaning to ask....

Posted by on Mar. 21, 2014 at 4:00 PM
  • 17 Replies
  • 245 Total Views

OK so for the last week I've wanted to ask everyone a question...but I forget to ask while on CM... DON'T LAUGH to much THE QUESTION HAS TO DO WITH MEMORY...

here it is....

I have noticed that in the last week I have started reading a book then realize I'VE ALREADY READ IT!  I even bought one book TWICE and didn't like the ending and reread, half way through realized I read it already but couldn't remember the ending...got to the ending and remembered I DIDN'T LIKE THE ENDING..UGHHHH...

SO here's my question..

Do you or have you done this?? Please don't tell me it's just me.... I might cry!...

by on Mar. 21, 2014 at 4:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BoopBettyBoop
by Sister on Mar. 21, 2014 at 4:01 PM
1 mom liked this

I will admit to doing that!

BL2010
by BL on Mar. 21, 2014 at 4:02 PM
1 mom liked this

If you only knew how many times I did this! I ended up make a list of books I've read by Author, then alphabetical order... Funny thing, I still bought the same book a few times... D'uh.... So, it's not just you.

brooklynchic151
by Staten Island Psycho on Mar. 21, 2014 at 4:05 PM
Omg. I've done that !!! Your not alone !!
jmlmomma
by Momma's new BFF on Mar. 21, 2014 at 4:13 PM
2 moms liked this

THANK YOU all SO MUCH.. I really thought I was losing my mind... 

embarrassed my daughter laughs at me... I'm thinking having a kindle is making it even harder to remember if I've read it because I don't get the feel of the book and it's cover...

Mariagma3
by Wild Midwest Lady on Mar. 21, 2014 at 4:14 PM

I've done that, too! Annoying!

jmlmomma
by Momma's new BFF on Mar. 21, 2014 at 4:14 PM

I do it with sewing patterns also... I see one in the store and can't remember if it's one I WANTED or one I bought... ugh...

elm498
by Gold sister on Mar. 21, 2014 at 4:15 PM

Yep, I've done that once before.

Tracys2
by Bronze sister on Mar. 21, 2014 at 4:32 PM

Definitely! I can read mysteries about once every 2 years, because I alwyas seem to forget who did it that quickly :-)

jmlmomma
by Momma's new BFF on Mar. 21, 2014 at 4:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh good...

I'm reading or should say rereading... (rolling my eyes) Gone Girl... and forget how it ends.. it changes so many times that I keep thinking wait..oh this was this book! hahaha.... now to finish it ..and hopefully remember it.

Quoting Tracys2:

Definitely! I can read mysteries about once every 2 years, because I alwyas seem to forget who did it that quickly :-)

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Mar. 21, 2014 at 4:43 PM

I have read soooo many books that I have found myself doing this too!!  I finally made myself a list of books I'd read (adding the title when I finished) and kept it in my purse, checking it before I would buy or check-out a book... too funny...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)