Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Is It possible to get on here and not get bashed everytime you mention spanking?

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2014 at 9:02 PM
  • 67 Replies
  • 1909 Total Views
1 mom liked this

Poll

Question: Do you think It's ok to spank -only on bottom?

Options:

yes

no

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 70

View Results

I am from a bible believing family where they spanked their children on the bottom as a punishment- now my parents didn't do it all the time- only when you really screwed up. I can only remember 3 times my dad spanked me. 1 time my momma did. and each time yes I was smart mouthed or disobeyed so I deserved it.

Otherwise we used timeout as a punishment. If you don't do something your gonna have a very confused and spoiled child.

Who else got spanked and isn't scarred for life? For freaking real!! I am honestly thinking of leaving the cafemom site cause of this.I come on here for support and advice and am sick of bashing. If I wanted drama I'd watch a soap opera.

by on Mar. 22, 2014 at 9:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LadyAmaranth
by Amaranth on Mar. 22, 2014 at 9:15 PM
1 mom liked this

There are a few groups that thrive on the drama.

This group does not.

I was spanked but once cuz I was a good girl who learned to mumble so mom didn't understand what I had said LOL. stick out tongue mini

But yes, they spanked as did hubby and I with our kids. It was done similar to what your family did. I see no issues in disciplining your kids as you feel is best and is legal.

wildchild.com
by Janine on Mar. 22, 2014 at 9:27 PM
2 moms liked this
This is probably the only group besides the autism moms that will not judge you or bash you. I only belong to this group & autism one because of that.
Anyway to answer your question I think it depends on the child. My son is 9,has autism & is at a 4 yr level. I do not spank him because he would not understand why he was being spanked. I take away his favorite toy or he goes to bed early. This works with my son. He's already very aggressive & spanking would only make the situation worse.
Was I ever spanked? You betcha! But only once, my brothers got the worst of it.
BaBeezandMe
by CakeChic on Mar. 22, 2014 at 9:31 PM
6 moms liked this

Can I bash you??

BASH, BASH, BASH, BASH, BASH, BASH, BASH, BASH!!!

There I've done it.

sidesplittinglaughter

Cheer up, so many people have no idea what the real story is so don't the opinions of others who have no bearing on your life take control of you!

Be YOU and don't worry about what they say.

BTW, I've tapped my kids bottoms before too and I don't give a shit what other people think of me!!

BIG HUGS!!

mapleleafwoman
by Bronze sister on Mar. 22, 2014 at 9:34 PM

Wildchild, no, these are not the only groups on CM that don't allow bashing.  I run four very successful groups and don't have bashing in any of them. 

As for the spanking, I have been told that as long as you use your bare hand and don't leave marks, that it is okay.  But as soon as you use something such as a wooden spoon, you can get yourself in trouble as items such as this are now considered weapons.  

Mariagma3
by Wild Midwest Lady on Mar. 22, 2014 at 9:35 PM
2 moms liked this

In THIS group you will NOT be bashed for your feelings and/or opinions. My hubby was spanked as a child by his parents and the principal. ( and turned out fine) I am okay with a gentle spankng on the butt. I usually prefer using time outs, but as long as it doesn't turn abusive, I'm fine. I am sure you are also using good judgement.

wildchild.com
by Janine on Mar. 22, 2014 at 9:39 PM
I stand corrected...

Quoting mapleleafwoman:

Wildchild, no, these are not the only groups on CM that don't allow bashing.  I run four very successful groups and don't have bashing in any of them. 

As for the spanking, I have been told that as long as you use your bare hand and don't leave marks, that it is okay.  But as soon as you use something such as a wooden spoon, you can get yourself in trouble as items such as this are now considered weapons.  

momof4kids257
by Sister on Mar. 22, 2014 at 9:41 PM
1 mom liked this

thank you!! I'm not nuts! thanks for the support!

wenuck
by Moonshine on Mar. 22, 2014 at 9:42 PM
1 mom liked this
Will not be bashed here!! I will not get on anybody for spanking to each is own!!

BaBeezandMe
by CakeChic on Mar. 22, 2014 at 9:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting momof4kids257:

thank you!! I'm not nuts! thanks for the support!

Just don't use duct tape!  LMAO

Mariagma3
by Wild Midwest Lady on Mar. 22, 2014 at 9:58 PM

Quoting mapleleafwoman:

Let me add this: I am not an advocate of using such said weapons. But, let's be honest: People are going to punish the way they see fit. If you use such "weapon", I am not crazy about it, nor all for it. (or against it) DCFS and all those other agencies cannot say shit unless you leave a mark. END OF STORY! That is where it becomes abusive. With any and all discipline, use caution.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN