Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Would you, have you...?

Posted by on Mar. 27, 2014 at 8:54 PM
  • 52 Replies
  • 744 Total Views
Gone out with someone much much younger than you?

So I met a 3 men from that website. Closer to my age. One is 45 the other one 47 and the old dude that lied about his age that I posted here before.
So the 45 year old guy he was nice but for me no click. As friends yes no problem. He was nice to talk to. Then the 47 no way!! Short, big tummy, bold and desperate. He seems to think I'm desperate. He texted me saying he is really interested in me romantically. I replied that I wasn't interested. He just said to please at least think about it. That he doesn't mind being my friend but he will be hoping for more. After lunch yesterday he wanted me to kiss him!!!! I put my hand out and said I'm sorry No!

Offline I met someone else and he was really nice. He gave me his phone number, email and said any movie or shows you want I can get them for you. A week later I texted him asking for the 3rd season of Sherlock bc when we moved my DVR broke and lost it. He texted me a few days ago telling me when his days off were and he came over today. He simply hangout, chatted and had so much fun. He met me with my kids so I told my dd he was giving us season 3 and she asked for Dr who and he told her today he'll get it for her. The while thing was more like we are all friends.
He told me he's been single for four years. He is tall, skinny, but way young.
He is 29. He'll be 30 in sept. I'm maybe thinking he wants to go out with me and maybe he doesn't but usually when a guy is this nice. It's bc they like you.

So would you, have you, give out with someone that much younger than you? I've never dated someone my age or older but never this young. I'm not dating him, we just hang out today and again on Sunday.

I haven't gone out with a guy in years!!! 4 to be exact. So I'm afraid.
I'll wait and see what happens any ways. But I want to know your thoughts.
by on Mar. 27, 2014 at 8:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LadyAmaranth
by Amaranth on Mar. 27, 2014 at 8:59 PM

I've gone out with a couple guys who were a few years younger. 

Never again.

ChellBell2013
by Beach Lover on Mar. 27, 2014 at 8:59 PM
1 mom liked this
GL do what feels right hun !!!

Take it slow see how it goes
wenuck
by Moonshine on Mar. 27, 2014 at 9:12 PM
1 mom liked this
I have not gone out with a younger guy. But hey you never know. There are some actual mature young men out there. Test the waters and see how it goes Have fun!
Good luck =)
sahlady
by It's a jen.thing :) on Mar. 27, 2014 at 9:17 PM

no... last time I was available to date I was 23, so that would have been disgusting to date someone "much younger".

If I was single now..... I would have a hard time feeling comfortable with someone much younger when I have a 45 yr old body that has been through 3 pregnancies.  And I would be shocked if someone much younger was into this look.... and honestly, a tad grossed out if he was.

flika
by Bronze sister on Mar. 27, 2014 at 9:18 PM
How much younger? What halfbreed that you say never again?

Quoting LadyAmaranth:

Never again.

atlmom2
by Susie on Mar. 27, 2014 at 9:19 PM
1 mom liked this
No and no. Always dated someone within 2 years. Met my dh when I was 19.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AndrewsMomPDX
by Christine on Mar. 27, 2014 at 9:23 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't believe I would be interested in someone that much younger. I've just been through too much life experience and would rather have someone who could relate to me easier.

LadyAmaranth
by Amaranth on Mar. 27, 2014 at 9:24 PM

5 years younger.

Because they acted like immature toads and one crashed us cuz he was too busy to watch the road(changing CD's). He knew I'd been in an accident a few weeks earlier and was still healing from that. Then asked me to watch over his car for fear it'd be stolen, never once asked how I was(in agony from the jarring).

Swore then and there...Never again.

I was in my mid-late 20's then so it's been a while.

Quoting flika: How much younger? What halfbreed that you say never again?
Quoting LadyAmaranth:

Never again.

~Amaranth Dhanya~

Mama to 3 Joyfully Chaotic boys

Widow to my Crazy Chicken(4-8-13)....Always My Love

fern624
by Silver sister on Mar. 27, 2014 at 9:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting wenuck: I have not gone out with a younger guy. But hey you never know. There are some actual mature young men out there. Test the waters and see how it goes Have fun! Good luck =)

I seem to enjoy the older men there is 18yrs. different then me and my hubby...

GMMC
by Angie's Shadow ;) on Mar. 27, 2014 at 9:36 PM
1 mom liked this

...age is just a number...funny how we all say that rather regularly but when we do the age number crunch thing when it comes to dating...it suddenly matters...

Age is just a number...!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)