Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My ex makes me so mad!!

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:15 AM
  • 14 Replies
  • 325 Total Views
I asked my ex last Monday if I can take our son to a birthday party on Saturday, which is his weekend. He didn't answer me for two days and finally responded that it was ok. Great no problem! We ended up getting home late sat evening and I didn't check my phone. His dad text me sat night that he couldn't pick up our son on Sunday bc he got mandated to work OT. He continues to text me for a response and when I checked my phone he stated he wants a response in a timely fashion! This ticked me off bc he didn't answer me for two days and now he wants a timely response which was unintentional! An argument started! I really don't want to argue every time we text and I'm trying very hard for my son's sake to keep things civil. He just pushes my buttons and I can't make him get away with calling me names and saying terrible things to me! My question is... How do I try to make things better between us for my son? I tried talking to him but we always end up at square one! I tried to be nicer but he's so manipulative that it infuriates me! I'm just at the end of my rope! Thx for taking time to read this.
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ChellBell2013
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:18 AM

Good luck exs are so hard to deal with hugs

LadyAmaranth
by Hillarie on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:18 AM
3 moms liked this

I'd just ignore the snarkiness, not let it get me.

Text necessary info and be done. No extras and no response to any attitude tossed my direction. Kwim...

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:25 AM
2 moms liked this

I agree just text what is important and when he tries to be nasty just dont respond. I know its hard but when you kill them with kindness they tend to hate it but at the same time they can't use it against you either.

coolmommy2x
by Gold sister on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:38 AM
I agree with this.

Quoting LadyAmaranth:

Text necessary info and be done. No extras and no response to any attitude tossed my direction. Kwim...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ALolies
by Red Room Rebel on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:41 AM

I agree to only communicate what is necessary. And try to keep your attitude as pleasant as possible. 

Also, keep all interaction in case you need it at a later date.

Marga01
by Sister on Mar. 30, 2014 at 12:37 PM
Thanks everyone! I appreciate all the support! Xox
Marga01
by Sister on Mar. 30, 2014 at 12:40 PM
I'm thinking on maybe trying some sort of parenting counseling! Maybe an outside person will help diffuse the situation. Any thoughts?
nana776
by Anna on Mar. 30, 2014 at 12:49 PM
1 mom liked this

In some areas there is an email system in place that the parents have to communicate through, the courts and lawyers have access to it. It tends to keep things more civil. I don't remember what it is called, but you could check and see if it is available in your area.

Otherwise, I would just keep to the necessary information and ignore the rest.

Bleacheddecay
by Gold Sister -lp on Mar. 30, 2014 at 1:17 PM
1 mom liked this

This. Getting mad is a choice. I know how frustrating this can be but he is "winning" when you let yourself be negatively affected by his B.S.

Quoting LadyAmaranth:

wenuck
by Wendy - Moonshine on Mar. 30, 2014 at 1:20 PM
1 mom liked this
Hugs!! Yes ex's can be very hard to deal with!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)