Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Arrest that pregnant woman! (revised to add additional questions)

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 5:34 AM
  • 14 Replies
  • 418 Total Views

A bill that would allow state authorities to arrest pregnant women for abusing drugs during pregnancy is gaining momentum.

Last year, 855 Tennessee babies were born with neonatal abstinence syndrome, or drug withdrawal. If passed the bill would allow women to be charged with misdemeanor assault if their infants are born addicted to drugs.

What do you think? Should they be charged and arrested? Let me ask further if it matters HOW FAR ALONG the mother is...when it's discovered there is a drug problem. Can/should they be charged at ANY point during the pregnancy? Or just after the child is born addicted when damage may be done?

by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 5:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Carmen66
by Carmen - Hot Latina on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:03 AM

HELL YEAH!!! TO ME BY THEM DOING THAT THEY ARE ALREADY KILLING THEIR CHILD!!!

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:06 AM
1 mom liked this

YES! I do think they should be arrested. They are harming their unborn child and by doing this they open health issues up for the child.

maryg38
by Sweet Mary <3 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:10 AM
Yes! It's child abuse and they should be held accountable
starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:33 AM

YES!!

wildchild.com
by Janine on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:36 AM
Absolutely! I think of it this way you wouldn't give your one month old a crack pipe. So why is any different when your carrying that baby.
Maida265
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:37 AM

This is my thought too Mary but those who are pro-abortion...or pro-life...will most likely argue the fetus vs baby argument.

Quoting maryg38: Yes! It's child abuse and they should be held accountable

maryg38
by Sweet Mary <3 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:45 AM
After I replied I thought of that... However I stand firm in my thoughts and beliefs

Quoting Maida265:

This is my thought too Mary but those who are pro-abortion...or pro-life...will most likely argue the fetus vs baby argument.

coolmommy2x
by Gold sister on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:50 AM
I am pro-choice, NOT pro-abortion. I don't even know why people use that word.

Yes, it's abuse. My friends fostered a baby girl at 6 weeks who was born to a drug addicted mother and spent her first 6 weeks of life in the NICU. Two years later the adoption was finalized and they're a happy family and thankfully she has no health issues.

Quoting Maida265:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
secondcup5
by Carol - Proud Canuck on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:55 AM

Yup they should be charged, a little life is a true miracle!!  You have no idea how this bothers me, I seen a baby addicted to crack............just about broke my heart!!!!

BL2010
by BL on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:20 AM

Yes, I think they should be charged. The protection of the baby is the top priority. The sooner the mother is charged the better the baby will be. Don't wait until after it's born.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)