Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WHO GETS MAD WHEN.....

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:46 AM
  • 21 Replies
  • 6800 Total Views

Non-handicapped people take parking spaces that are for the disabled.  No kind of handicapped emblem on the plates or hanging from the rearview mirror. Then they get out of the vehicle and they move faster and better then you.  They are even carrying heavy groceries!!!

by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sahlady
by It's a jen.thing :) on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:51 AM
I've been on the rude side a couple of times reprimanding people for doing that
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momofsixangels
by Platinum sister on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:52 AM

I do!!! That is so wrong

dancer
by Sister -lp on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:55 AM

I do that too! I go into the business and say you have people that really need those spots,here is the plate number of the offender,it is your job to make them move it!  They always use the loudspeaker and the people move it. I tell the business,the cops are going to give this guy a ticket if he does not move it now!  It works! Nobody wants to pay a $250,ticket!!

Quoting sahlady: I've been on the rude side a couple of times reprimanding people for doing that

Maida265
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:26 AM
1 mom liked this

Being the mom to 3 disabled children (one of which legally meets the requirements for a placard) and caring for two wheelchair bound gentleman this also angers me. We see it all the time here and it drives me NUTS...and especially if they park in the striped area meant for the ramp preventing me to either get my crew OUT...or back in the vehicle.

Maida265
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:27 AM
1 mom liked this

I've called mall police...I've taken the plate/vehicle make down...I've left notes...and it still continues. Heck...one time I left a message for a person who was a pastor because HE was not disabled but felt because he was a "man of the cloth" he was somehow entitled to privileged parking. I spoke to him as well about parking.

mrgetinold
by Nana on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:35 AM
2 moms liked this
Yep feathers ruffled here on this one! What is it saving them to park there? Ant the people who need the spot have to park else where at much cost to them! The stores i have went in and said something do nothing about it either! Ugh!
dancer
by Sister -lp on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:41 AM

no,u misunderstood,the stores do make them move the cars,I don't leave until they do.  Sometimes i have a cop with me!

Quoting mrgetinold: Yep feathers ruffled here on this one! What is it saving them to park there? Ant the people who need the spot have to park else where at much cost to them! The stores i have went in and said something do nothing about it either! Ugh!

dancer
by Sister -lp on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:42 AM

These people need to know that they could become disabled!

Quoting Maida265:

I've called mall police...I've taken the plate/vehicle make down...I've left notes...and it still continues. Heck...one time I left a message for a person who was a pastor because HE was not disabled but felt because he was a "man of the cloth" he was somehow entitled to privileged parking. I spoke to him as well about parking.

dancer
by Sister -lp on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:43 AM

That is just plain mean,rude,etc...

Quoting Maida265:

Being the mom to 3 disabled children (one of which legally meets the requirements for a placard) and caring for two wheelchair bound gentleman this also angers me. We see it all the time here and it drives me NUTS...and especially if they park in the striped area meant for the ramp preventing me to either get my crew OUT...or back in the vehicle.

mrgetinold
by Nana on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:54 AM
I am glad you have had the stores along with police and you standing there as they move! I wish my experiences have been the same as yours! I once waited with a mall secruity guard for a car to willing move after being told he was in a handicapped zone while the driver sent his teenage daughter in to shop with friends! He sat out in the car talking on his cell! 3 and half hours i had my nephew who has a tow truck come and pull in right behind the jerk! Nephew said you move or i move you ( he had a paper from the mall) , then he moved!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)