• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 12:55 PM
  • 21 Replies
  • 420 Total Views
At work this morning the doctor who I work with told me I turn to get her something and I blackout collasped right there in middle of her looking at a patient! Now how much more embarrassing can it get!?! She said I was out a good 5 mins. My blood pressure extremely low, along with my blood sugar (I don't eat or anything as I need to) I intend to forget to eat. I know that's not best esp bein pregnant! On top of stress! So she just wants me take tomwr off and get myself some rest. Return back to work on Monday. This is my first week at my new job and I feel like I'm failing at my job already! I don't know how do I even rest take it easy when I have soooooo much to handle, deal with. I can feel myself becomin very exhausted and overwhelmed by everything. But I'm not sure how to juggle it all. Only one person . I can't not stop bein a mom. My lil ones need me. Now my grandson bein born and that whole situ5. Thank goodness the dh is still behind bars! I need a vacation just one week! Lol..how do you guys deal when you are dealin with extremely high stress or something???.... ok sorry I feel.as I'm ALWAYS whining complaining wayyyyy too much bout my life!
I hope everyone day is going well!
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 12:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MethuenMom
by Bronze sister on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:10 PM

I also have low blood pressure and low blood sugar and if I don't take care of myself I will passout jut like you. Yesterday at the GYN my BP was 98/56. The nurse looked at me (I know that look) and before she said a word I said 'Don't worry, I'm fine, it's always low'. She smiled and said OK. 

My old PCP said something to me that stuck in my head: You're no good to anyone if you're dead!

You know when you're doing too much.  Just stop what you're doing and take 10 minutes to catch your breath, get a glass of water, pop some food into your mouth and then continue.  If you can do that sevearl times a day you'll be fine.

Mariagma3
by Maria - Midwest Lady on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:14 PM

I just keep plugging on. I also pray alot, take breaks as I need to. You HAVE to eat while you are pregnant, and in general. You need to be taking prenatal vitamins, eating right or at all! Why are you so worried about your grandson? His parents are there, right? I would see if you can get some help from your older kids.

Mariagma3
by Maria - Midwest Lady on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:17 PM

You're no good to anyone if you're dead! My Mom used to tell me something similar. You're no good to your kids if you're unable to care for yourself. Meaning, just the basics.

mrgetinold
by Nana on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:34 PM
Take care, take the time you need to get better! Nah i whine way more then you do!
Hugs!
please eat! I know you have alot going on but ite the air mask think from the airplane! You do yours first cause you cant help others if your not breathing!
wenuck
by Wendy - Moonshine on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:39 PM
1st Hugs!!
2nd you got to eat!! Not only its not good for you its not good for all your babies!! Your husband is put away take advantage of it and get yourself together!!!
brookerenee45
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:39 PM
It's like I know these things my bein a nurse. But I intend to put all my focus and energy towards everyone else! I know better of passing meals and things. Even though I never dealt with this personally. I do just need to step back when I'm feeling overwhelmed and take a few moments instead keep pushing myself to go go go! Thank you very much for the feedback hun! :)

Quoting MethuenMom:

I also have low blood pressure and low blood sugar and if I don't take care of myself I will passout jut like you. Yesterday at the GYN my BP was 98/56. The nurse looked at me (I know that look) and before she said a word I said 'Don't worry, I'm fine, it's always low'. She smiled and said OK. 

My old PCP said something to me that stuck in my head: You're no good to anyone if you're dead!

You know when you're doing too much.  Just stop what you're doing and take 10 minutes to catch your breath, get a glass of water, pop some food into your mouth and then continue.  If you can do that sevearl times a day you'll be fine.

brookerenee45
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:45 PM
Well because my son is in rehab in Arizona. His mom is only 17 with no where to go after they are released tomorrow from hospital. So I will be taking her and my grandson in until my ex and I can figure out a plan for them. My 14 dd when I expressed to her this plan. She got snippy with me (of course) expressing why do they have to stay with us when I'm barley having time for her now I really won't once they move in. Seem as none my decisions are right or end up.hurting someone when all I want is try make things right and ok. Take care of everyone's needs! I can't turn my back on my grandson and his mom.
I have not been consistent in taking my prenatal vitamins which again stupid on my part. And I should definitely know better! As you all have said I will be useless to anyone dead!

Quoting Mariagma3:

I just keep plugging on. I also pray alot, take breaks as I need to. You HAVE to eat while you are pregnant, and in general. You need to be taking prenatal vitamins, eating right or at all! Why are you so worried about your grandson? His parents are there, right? I would see if you can get some help from your older kids.

brookerenee45
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:46 PM
Thank you hun for the reminder and feedback!!:)

Quoting mrgetinold: Take care, take the time you need to get better! Nah i whine way more then you do!
Hugs!
please eat! I know you have alot going on but ite the air mask think from the airplane! You do yours first cause you cant help others if your not breathing!
brookerenee45
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Hugs to you as well hun!
Thank you for always bein so encouraging to me! And reminder!:)

Quoting wenuck: 1st Hugs!!
2nd you got to eat!! Not only its not good for you its not good for all your babies!! Your husband is put away take advantage of it and get yourself together!!!
BL2010
by BL on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:53 PM

I've always had low blood pressure. You have to make sure to eat and take care of yourself as your baby is depending on it.

Sorry but you have to stop worrying about everyone else and take care of you first. You aren't going to be any good to anyone else if not. For crying out loud, you're a nurse!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)