• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OMG!!!!!! MY BASEMENT IS SOOOO FLOODED!!!!!

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:49 PM
  • 18 Replies
  • 666 Total Views

I was done there with a bucket for 15 minutes and it does not seem to be helping!!!!!  The entire one side of my basement is flooded!!!    We have never had so much water in there!!!!!   I am so frustrated!!!! Does anyone know a quick way to get rid of the water?  Please!!!! i really need help!!!!

by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
valkay
by faithful sister on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:54 PM
1 mom liked this
We squeegee it to the drain. If it happens often I would get a sump pump
BL2010
by BL on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:55 PM
1 mom liked this

If it's still pouring I can't imagine how you can possibly get rid of the water while it's still coming in. What's your husband doing? If he's at work, call him and tell him to come home and help you do something. Maybe need a pump and big hose to help suck it out and into the street.

dancer
by Sister -lp on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:56 PM

how would that work with the hose?

Quoting BL2010:

If it's still pouring I can't imagine how you can possibly get rid of the water while it's still coming in. What's your husband doing? If he's at work, call him and tell him to come home and help you do something. Maybe need a pump and big hose to help suck it out and into the street.

BL2010
by BL on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:58 PM

It gets hooked to a pump that will pump the water out the basement window. Keep it far enough from the house so it doesn't come back in. But like I said, if it's still raining, I wouldn't waste the time right now.

Once it stops, you need to get something done to stop it in the future.

Quoting dancer:

Quoting BL2010:

dancer
by Sister -lp on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:03 PM

it is not raining right now.  It is supposed to later today and overnight.

Quoting BL2010:

It gets hooked to a pump that will pump the water out the basement window. Keep it far enough from the house so it doesn't come back in. But like I said, if it's still raining, I wouldn't waste the time right now.

Once it stops, you need to get something done to stop it in the future.

Quoting dancer:

Quoting BL2010:

ALolies
by Red Room Rebel on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:29 PM
1 mom liked this

I'd think a pump would be the best way.

MethuenMom
by Bronze sister on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:59 PM

You sound like most of my neighbors at the bottom of the hill.  HUGS

You need to go to Home Depot and get yourself a sump pump.  That would be the only way to get all of the water out.  I hope you can find one!

dancer
by Sister -lp on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:09 PM

Thanks!!! Only I live on the top of a hill!!!

Quoting MethuenMom:

You sound like most of my neighbors at the bottom of the hill.  HUGS

You need to go to Home Depot and get yourself a sump pump.  That would be the only way to get all of the water out.  I hope you can find one!

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Apr. 3, 2014 at 4:34 PM
1 mom liked this

pump time!

dancer
by Sister -lp on Apr. 3, 2014 at 4:46 PM

Does it go into my sewer?

Quoting starlight1968:

pump time!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)