Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It's report card time....

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:05 PM
  • 14 Replies
  • 333 Total Views

And as usual, no matter how many ST (standard) papers my daughter brought home her report card is still full of NS's (not standard).  Her teacher does not like her.  DD is not the easiest student in the world and I am the first to admit it but this semister DD busted her ass trying to impress this teacher. We've had conferences in the past where she has said that most of her students do not achieve up to her standards.  Well, I sent an email to DD's guidance counsler saying that I'm refusing to sign her report card.  Oh well, I'm done with this teacher's standards and she's going to get a taste of mine.   No signing of the report card this semister until it is accurate.  Oh, it's going to mess up her paperwork.  Pitty.

by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mariagma3
by Maria - Midwest Lady on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:16 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree with you. But, can she try to hold her back becaucse of this? I hope not. The teacher needs to stop talking about all the kids like that. She needs to give them encouragement. Luckily, the year is almost over. HUGS!

ALolies
by Red Room Rebel on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:20 PM

I hope you get it worked out soon. Hugz!

MethuenMom
by Bronze sister on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:24 PM

Oh no, here's the kicker.  They never hold any students back anymore no matter how much they fail!!!  NEVER!  They don't believe in that.

It's laughable.  Why report cards, why grades...Hell, why tests???  Why don't the kids sit around, get bullied, eat lunch and go home because that's all that seems to go on in school anyways.

Sorry for the sarcasm, I'm just livid that no matter how hard she tries she still has to put up with this adult and there is nothing I can do about it.

Quoting Mariagma3:

I agree with you. But, can she try to hold her back becaucse of this? I hope not. The teacher needs to stop talking about all the kids like that. She needs to give them encouragement. Luckily, the year is almost over. HUGS!

BL2010
by BL on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:42 PM

WTH. if she's getting ST all year how can she posisbly give NS on the report card? Have you spoken to ohter parents and do they agree? If so, I would all get together and go to the principal's office.

MethuenMom
by Bronze sister on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:51 PM

That's the sad part, I don't even need to speak with other parents, I have heard it from the teacher herself.  She has said to me...'None of these kids have achieved my standards'. She went on to say 'I have an afterschool program and out of 59 kids only 11 attend.  None of these kids want to improve themselves'.  Oh, and one of the 11 children that attend is MY DD!  Well, not anymore, I pulled her out of it as of this afternoon!

Another sad part, this principal is brand spaking new.  First year principal.  Oh boy do I miss the old one.  I would have been in his office the first semister with this problem.  I heard from other parents that he walks around like a chicken with his head cut off.

June cannot come fast enough!

Quoting BL2010:

WTH. if she's getting ST all year how can she posisbly give NS on the report card? Have you spoken to ohter parents and do they agree? If so, I would all get together and go to the principal's office.

BL2010
by BL on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:56 PM

UGH.. good luck

Quoting MethuenMom:

That's the sad part, I don't even need to speak with other parents, I have heard it from the teacher herself.  She has said to me...'None of these kids have achieved my standards'. She went on to say 'I have an afterschool program and out of 59 kids only 11 attend.  None of these kids want to improve themselves'.  Oh, and one of the 11 children that attend is MY DD!  Well, not anymore, I pulled her out of it as of this afternoon!

Another sad part, this principal is brand spaking new.  First year principal.  Oh boy do I miss the old one.  I would have been in his office the first semister with this problem.  I heard from other parents that he walks around like a chicken with his head cut off.

June cannot come fast enough!

Quoting BL2010:

wenuck
by Wendy - Moonshine on Apr. 3, 2014 at 4:09 PM

Yea screw that Id be livid too! Hope you get things worked out!!

Moms_Angels1960
by Husker Babe on Apr. 3, 2014 at 5:51 PM

Quoting MethuenMom:

Oh no, here's the kicker.  They never hold any students back anymore no matter how much they fail!!!  NEVER!  They don't believe in that.

It's laughable.  Why report cards, why grades...Hell, why tests???  Why don't the kids sit around, get bullied, eat lunch and go home because that's all that seems to go on in school anyways.

Sorry for the sarcasm, I'm just livid that no matter how hard she tries she still has to put up with this adult and there is nothing I can do about it.

Quoting Mariagma3:

You;'re right they don't hold kids back any more that is called the No Child is Left Behind Act or something like that.

I think you do what you feel is right for your child. Sometimes, they just don't click with their teacher or they don't get a class.

kaarina
by Boston Strong on Apr. 3, 2014 at 6:32 PM
I had a teacher like that. She said she never gave anyone outstanding because her definition of outstanding was very high. Everyone got average or above average. To kids like me who were used to always getting outstanding, it was quite a blow to the ego.
Hope you can resolve this. She sounds like a jerk.
AndrewsMomPDX
by Christine on Apr. 3, 2014 at 6:51 PM
I think it is very hurtful when our children are mistreated like that. I wonder how she is with the kids who don't have parents who care as much as you do. She should be teaching high school or college and not little ones.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)