• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I was soooo CLOSE !!

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:31 PM
  • 19 Replies
  • 381 Total Views
2 moms liked this

lol, I had to drive to Denton this morning for some train stuff for hubby.  He had to work so he sent me which is fine as I love to drive, I find it fun/relaxing. 

Anyhoooo, I drove passed Texas Motor Speedway and the NASCAR race is there this weekend.  I passed car haulers, merchandise trucks and peeps in their campers all heading in...wish I was one of them!!

I also passed a ranch that well can you say Southern charm and something I don't normally see but people outside of Tx think there are a lot of LOL..

It was fun (you can see the train stuff lol) and I managed to make it home here before a terrible hail storm hit Denton (softball sized hail !)

lol anyway that was a busy day!

by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Breeea
by Sister on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Nice!

wenuck
by Wendy - Moonshine on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Cool!!

Wow now that is some HUGE HAIL!!!

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:48 PM
1 mom liked this

yeppers.  I can only think of 2 times before when we had hail this big... I was about 10 and again around 25.... both times the roof was awful looking (also a few windows too) and then the later one I had damage to my truck..I cried over that one... this time it was all behind me and we JUST got some rain here at home...

Quoting wenuck:

Cool!!

maryg38
by Sweet Mary <3 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:49 PM
1 mom liked this
Wow, holy hail!
wenuck
by Wendy - Moonshine on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Wow!! They same everything is big in Texas!! You aint kidding Lol!!!

Quoting starlight1968:

yeppers.  I can only think of 2 times before when we had hail this big... I was about 10 and again around 25.... both times the roof was awful looking (also a few windows too) and then the later one I had damage to my truck..I cried over that one... this time it was all behind me and we JUST got some rain here at home...

Quoting wenuck:

Cool!!

maryg38
by Sweet Mary <3 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:08 PM
2 moms liked this
Hahahaha

Quoting wenuck:

Wow!! They same everything is big in Texas!! You aint kidding Lol!!!

Quoting starlight1968:

Quoting wenuck:

Cool!!

maryg38
by Sweet Mary <3 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:09 PM
1 mom liked this
You any where near South Fork?
dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:13 PM
1 mom liked this

YOu know the Duck Dynasty folks will be there this weekend.. WE are supose to be getting that storm sometime this evening.. UGGGG~

Moms_Angels1960
by Husker Babe on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like a great Road Trip and so much fun!

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:35 PM

yep, they were on the sign when I tried to take a pic... and we can really use all the rain but the other stuff can just quit/go away ...

Quoting dana63:

YOu know the Duck Dynasty folks will be there this weekend.. WE are supose to be getting that storm sometime this evening.. UGGGG~

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)