Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Whats the worst thing your mom cooked ?

Posted by on Apr. 6, 2014 at 12:18 AM
  • 61 Replies
  • 938 Total Views

I started cooking young. Like 11-12. Because my mom was a lousy cook. So she said, if you dont like what I made, cook your own dinner. So, I did! Wasn't long before I was cooking for the entire family. LOL.

I am a picky eater, so I couldnt tell you if it was just my taste buds, or the food was truely horrific. To this day there are three dishes she made often that still make my stomache churn. I am betting that all of them will be some of your favorites! They are, tuna casserole, chicken cacciatore, and Swedish meatballs in a white sauce.

What did YOUR mom cook that still scars you for life?

by on Apr. 6, 2014 at 12:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LadyAmaranth
by Amaranth on Apr. 6, 2014 at 12:22 AM

She wasn't a bad cook honestly. Had me cooking by her side from the time I could stand ok on a chair lol.

The one thing she cooked rarely that I wouldn't touch was liver. We all loathed it.

ChangingLanes
by Sister on Apr. 6, 2014 at 12:27 AM

OMG! RIP MOM...but she would get in that kitchen sometimes and throw some of the most awful stuff together!!! For the most part she was a GREAT cook...I miss her cooking and cannot compare. However, she would "experiment".....one time she fixed spaghetti with BBQ sauce....NOT.GOOD!!!!

valkay
by faithful sister on Apr. 6, 2014 at 12:30 AM
My mom was a great cook. Except for her pork chops which she cooked them beyond done.. You know you had to cook them to make sure them worms were dead.
Dumplings the broth was great but they were not light and fluffy.
Pink.Frosting
by on Apr. 6, 2014 at 12:31 AM

My mom was a very good cook.  I really can't think of anything I didn't like that she made.

lucky2Beeme
by Silver sister on Apr. 6, 2014 at 12:52 AM
1 mom liked this

Creamed fin and haddie OMG the thought of it makes me gag.

elm498
by Gold sister on Apr. 6, 2014 at 1:35 AM

Sausage quiche, she used the sausage links and cut them up, DISGUSTING!!!!!!  Frozen Salisbury steaks, DISGUSTING too!!!!

I loved tuna casserole as a child and Swedish meatballs are okay if they're done the right way.

TableforSeven
by Bronze sister on Apr. 6, 2014 at 1:49 AM

My mother was a good cook.  But (like all of us) she would get on these kicks and make the same food week after week.  She was on a meatloaf kick for about 18-19 months....making it EVERY WEEK.  It was "good" -- but I just don't like meatloaf and got really sick of it quickly.

DensHag
by Sister on Apr. 6, 2014 at 1:51 AM
Liver...to this day I can't eat it.
cjs702006
by Buddah on Apr. 6, 2014 at 3:59 AM

She made a lot of great food but her chipped beef on toast wasn;t my favorite and still isn't.

Maida265
by Spanking the Monkey on Apr. 6, 2014 at 5:04 AM

mac and cheese with slimey tomatoes

Fried pork chops (I think you could shingle a roof with them)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)