Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Hi, Everyone

Posted by on Apr. 7, 2014 at 1:05 AM
  • 21 Replies
  • 400 Total Views

I am hoping to make some new friends in your group.   I heard about the group through Cheryl (Mom's_ Angels1960).  Sounded like it could be fun and informative.

I live in the Central Valley, CA.  I am a SAHM now since I retired from teaching several years ago.  I am married to a mostly retired farmer and have one son who is 24 yrs. old.

Hoping to get to know and share with y'all.

by on Apr. 7, 2014 at 1:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Manth
by Manth on Apr. 7, 2014 at 3:22 AM
1 mom liked this

G'day and welcome to 40ish.  I'm Aramanth from Australia - call me Manth, most people do.  I'm lucky enough to have been married to my best friend for the past 21 years.  He's a Mad Scientist (for real!) and I'm a SAHM to our two Beautiful Daughters (Mad Scientists need Beautiful Daughters - it's the Lore!).  Athena is 19 and a 3rd year Engineering student, while Ishtar is 18 in **10 days** and a 1st year Science student.  

No, this doesn't mean we're Empty Nesters.  Like many Australian students, the girls still live at home and commute to campus each day - not too gruesome, a half-hour train ride away which they both find is just enough time for some casual novel reading.  Most campuses here do not require students to live-in, indeed most don't have any kind of accomodation on-site.  If you can't live at home for whatever reason you get an apartment, rent a room in a share-house or boarding house, depending on what you can afford and what's available.

With the girls at University most of the week, I'm doing something I have always dreamed of and taking a creative writing course.  It's a self-paced, online course through a local college and I'm nearly finished - just battling with the Poetry unit, then the section on editing your work to go.  After that - who knows?  Maybe I'll get that novel written!

Maida265
by Spanking the Monkey on Apr. 7, 2014 at 5:13 AM
1 mom liked this

Hello and welcome! Any friend of Cherie's is a friend of mine! She's my McSister!!! I'm Vickey...live in VT. I have 7 children (3 bio-sons) and 4 we were blessed to raise via adoption. I'm a SAH/WAHM. I care for two disabled adults in my home on a full time basis. One lives here with us (full time) and the other who came to us last November is with us part time. I look forward to getting to know you!

Moms_Angels1960
by Husker Babe on Apr. 7, 2014 at 6:14 AM
1 mom liked this

Aww Elizabeth I am so happy you joined us this is a great group of Ladies jump right in there always seems to be something happening here.

Welcome to our sisterhood.

You can be my newest BFF. Hugs

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Apr. 7, 2014 at 6:27 AM
1 mom liked this

Welcome!! We are glad you found us and yes we are a fun group...

Jump right in and make yourself at home...

maryg38
by Sweet Mary <3 on Apr. 7, 2014 at 6:29 AM
1 mom liked this
Welcome to 40ish, chezbell! Looking forward to getting to know you!
wildchild.com
by Rapunzel on Apr. 7, 2014 at 6:50 AM
1 mom liked this
Hello & welcome :-)
Carmen66
by Hot Latina on Apr. 7, 2014 at 7:48 AM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to the group, i am Carmen from NJ.

elm498
by Gold sister on Apr. 7, 2014 at 8:18 AM
1 mom liked this

Hello and welcome to our fun group!  I am Stephanie and I live in Indiana.  I have 3 children (16, 19 and 20).

wenuck
by Moonshine on Apr. 7, 2014 at 8:19 AM
1 mom liked this

Welcome! I'm Wendy!! 

Have fun and Enjoy =)

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Apr. 7, 2014 at 9:01 AM
1 mom liked this

hi and welcome to the group!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)