Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

How I Spent My Night….

Posted by on Apr. 16, 2014 at 1:06 PM
  • 11 Replies
  • 238 Total Views

So last night we spent a pleasant evening at our synagogue.  There was a wonderful community Seder.  The food was very good...as were the (4) glasses of wine that accompanied the Haggadah.  Additionally, my husband was able to surprise the kids by coming back to town to share the evening with us.  

We got home late and had to get to bed so that the kids could attend school, and both of us could work (him from home), me at my office job.  By the time it was all said and done it was after 11:30pm by the time I was settled into bed.  

I was awakened by a "spitting" sound and when I looked at the clock it was just after 1:00am.  It took me a few minutes to piece together that it was coming from our boys' room.  I got up and my oldest (11 yo Eli) was leaning over the edge of his top bunk.  "Why are you spitting on your floor?" I asked. He just said "I'm sorry"  At that moment I realized he had just thrown up.  I encouraged him to get into the bathroom, thinking I had caught it in time that there wasn't too much damage.  I turned on the light and woke his younger (9yo) brother so he could go lay in my bed.  I left to grab what i needed to clean up the "little" mess and when I returned I noticed that there was a much larger stain off the end of the bed, nearer the window.  I walked over there and noticed there was a mess all the way down the wall as well.  It looked like the Exorcist had been filmed in the room.  2 hours later I had hand-cleaned the carpet, moved the beds, cleaned the wall, removed all the sheets from both beds to be laundered.  By 4:00AM my older son was settled in on our (blanket/towel) covered family room couch and was sitting up on the love seat ready to assist if he needed to be sick, yet again.  Our elderly dog was confused by all the activity and, thinking it was morning, asked to be let outside.She refused to come back in for more than an hour

At 6:30AM I realized that my daughter was not yet up and her bus would be at the corner in less than 15 minutes.  I woke her, helped her get ready and drove her to school.  By 7:30AM my husband was up getting ready for "work"  (he had an 8Am teleconference) and had gotten our younger son out of bed.  I helped him get ready for school, got myself ready for work and I'm now here (eating lunch and sucking down caffine at my desk).

Anyone know any good ideas about how I can make it through the rest of the day without falling asleep at the wheel (so to speak)?

by on Apr. 16, 2014 at 1:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ALolies
by Red Room Rebel on Apr. 16, 2014 at 1:13 PM

Bless you hearts. What an night. I do hope DS is feeling better. As fo getting through your day, COFFEE!!! And maybe some chocolate. Hugz!

Actually... Orange juice helps me with energy...

Seashell77
by Bronze sister on Apr. 16, 2014 at 1:15 PM

Wow, you had such a wonderful evening and Seder and then Wham. It all turned upside down. I feel so bad for you and your family. Are your sons sick with a virus ? It's hard when you don't get any sleep. Can you listen to some really upbeat loud music in the car on the way home ? Also sing along with the music to stay alert too.That helps me stay alert in the car. I hope you don't have a long trip home. Hope you'll get a good night sleep tonight to make up for the lost sleep. 

By the way Happy Passover !!!!  I hope the rest of the holiday goes much better. Try to hold onto the memory of the great Seder you went to, for that part sounded wonderful. I went to a really nice Seder too. Are you keeping the traditional diet this week ? I am. So far so good.

Seashell77
by Bronze sister on Apr. 16, 2014 at 1:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Orange juice and chocolate are great ideas !

Quoting ALolies:

Bless you hearts. What an night. I do hope DS is feeling better. As fo getting through your day, COFFEE!!! And maybe some chocolate. Hugz!

Actually... Orange juice helps me with energy...

GoddessJohnnie
by Goddess Johnnie on Apr. 16, 2014 at 1:59 PM

Oh man, what a night!  I would have said use your lunch to take a nap, but that ship has sailed.  Maybe take a quick break in an hour or so to take a quick walk.  Get your juices flowing and that will help get you through the afternoon.

wenuck
by Moonshine on Apr. 16, 2014 at 2:31 PM

Oh Wow!! COFFEE and a whole pot of it Lol!! HUGS!!! 

AndrewsMomPDX
by Christine on Apr. 16, 2014 at 3:54 PM
That sounds like a tough night for you. Hope you can get t bed earlier tonight.
Roo1234
by Sister on Apr. 19, 2014 at 12:35 AM
So here we are a couple days later and our youngest son decided it was his turn. I'm now locked into being up for the rest of the night watching over his needs and doing laundry
RoseWall
by RoseWall on Apr. 19, 2014 at 12:38 AM
Hugs
cjs702006
by Buddah on Apr. 19, 2014 at 5:01 AM

What a night! The only thing that keeps me going when I feel tired is caffine and lots of it! Good luck staying awake.

wildchild.com
by Janine on Apr. 19, 2014 at 6:57 AM
Must be going around...my son was vomiting 2 weeks ago. Samething woke up at 3 am & he was covered in it. Come to find out he had strep. I never new this but sometimes vomiting is a sign of strep. Apparently the bacteria can travel to the stomach creating a nauseous feeling.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN