Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Dear CM lurkers or those who go into groups to steal post

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2014 at 7:23 AM
  • 13 Replies
  • 221 Total Views
1 mom liked this

I dont mind you lurking in 40ish, BUT when you take our post and use them as your own (including title) I think that is WRONG! At least you can do is let people know you "borrowed" the post from another group.

If you can't come up with an original post and need to "borrow" one why not ask if you can share. Chances are we will not mind unless its a personal post.

We pride ourself in 40ish to make original post and we don't go to any other group to steal post and make them our own. You are welcome to come in and reply and even post in 40ish even if you are not a member or for that matter 40ish and older. WE have a younger admin who isnt 40ish yet and we enjoy having all age groups joining in and voice their opinion.

Lurkers we dont bite so come in and say howdy to us.

Have a great day ~~ :)

Join us for coffee&support (_)3

by on Apr. 25, 2014 at 7:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wildchild.com
by Janine on Apr. 25, 2014 at 7:26 AM
1 mom liked this
Who new? I didn't realize this was happening.
Carmen66
by Hot Latina on Apr. 25, 2014 at 7:26 AM
1 mom liked this
We have a few here too...
maryg38
by Sweet Mary <3 on Apr. 25, 2014 at 7:32 AM
1 mom liked this
Terrible... SMH.
the_kids_mom
by Gypsy Queen on Apr. 25, 2014 at 7:58 AM
1 mom liked this
This group isn't the only one that it's happening to unfortunately. It's sad that people think that it's okay to steal something. Most of the time, nobody would mind, if they would just be courteous and ask. I lurk more often than I post, but what I post about are my ideas, or spin offs in the respective group that I post it in.
girlcitycountry
by Chris on Apr. 25, 2014 at 8:12 AM
1 mom liked this

I did not know this was happening. I admit I tend to lurk but I have NEVER EVER taken someone's post. That is just wrong!!!!!!!

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Apr. 25, 2014 at 8:29 AM
1 mom liked this

I dont mind lurkers.. Heck join in and have some fun. I have gotten PM saying that they lurk and dont say anything but come in because they know they will get a uplifting message or a good laugh.

catloveralways
by SpitFire :) on Apr. 25, 2014 at 8:33 AM

I've  had  them  too. They  are  also  called  trolls. As  Grop  owners  and  admins we  love  Members. But  idea  stealers  and  trolls  please  ask.

Quoting the_kids_mom: This group isn't the only one that it's happening to unfortunately. It's sad that people think that it's okay to steal something. Most of the time, nobody would mind, if they would just be courteous and ask. I lurk more often than I post, but what I post about are my ideas, or spin offs in the respective group that I post it in.

BL2010
by BL on Apr. 25, 2014 at 8:36 AM

Good grief... No manners!

Mariagma3
by Wild Midwest Lady on Apr. 25, 2014 at 8:42 AM
1 mom liked this

Unbelievable!! SMH!

ChellBell2013
by Beach Lover on Apr. 25, 2014 at 8:50 AM
1 mom liked this

crazyness that people do  this !!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN