Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

What Are You Getting the Amazing Ladies in Your Life for Mother's Day?

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2014 at 1:03 PM
  • 77 Replies
  • 30967 Total Views
1 mom liked this

From the time we made construction-paper covered keepsake boxes for our moms the question has come up: what will we get our moms for Mother's Day?  Now that we're moms too, it's sometimes nice to ask, "What gift will I buy myself?" 

What are you getting your mom, your mother-in-law or the special woman in your life for Mother's Day?  What are you buying yourself?

Click here for a great selection of outfit and gift ideas from dressbarn

by on Apr. 29, 2014 at 1:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ChellBell2013
by Beach Lover on Apr. 29, 2014 at 1:34 PM
Dont buy anything for mil we dont see eye to eye
And for my mom something for her garden
BL2010
by Just Me on Apr. 29, 2014 at 1:35 PM

No mother/mil to buy for.

LAXmom21
by Bronze sister on Apr. 29, 2014 at 1:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi Ladies!

I am from NJ and have been a member for awhile. I haven't posted much in this group, lately. BUt this post got me thinking of what to get my mom and sisters for Mother's Day. I went to the dress Barn page and found quite a few things under $50 that I think they will all love!

I buy gifts for my 3 sisters because they are the Godmother's of my 2 boys and love them to death.

My mom would love this handbag and she REALLY needs a new one!http://www.dressbarn.com/detail/studded-colorblock-tote/101819132/100

My sister who is super casual would love this shirt:  http://www.dressbarn.com/detail/textured-high-low-hoodie/101817916/152

I never realized how much great stuff they have. I always thought of it as a store for my grandma (I found stuff for her too!) but after looking online I was pleasantly suprised!

Hope you all have a GREAT Mother's day!!!

akitchen173
by on Apr. 29, 2014 at 1:44 PM

For me and mom and sisters I am making beauty products Ginger Orange Cayenne Warming Foot Scrub, Lemon Honey Sugar Hand Scrub, and Sweet Feet Bath

LAXmom21
by Bronze sister on Apr. 29, 2014 at 3:02 PM

whats the sweet feet bath? can I have the recipe or buy it from you if it's a product you sell?

Quoting akitchen173:

For me and mom and sisters I am making beauty products Ginger Orange Cayenne Warming Foot Scrub, Lemon Honey Sugar Hand Scrub, and Sweet Feet Bath

akitchen173
by on Apr. 29, 2014 at 3:31 PM

Quoting LAXmom21:

whats the sweet feet bath? can I have the recipe or buy it from you if it's a product you sell?

Quoting akitchen173:

Now and then, it's nice to take the time to give our feet a special bath. Our feet work so hard for us, and more often than not, they take tremendous abuse. A foot contains 26 bones, 33 joints, 107 ligaments and 19 muscles and tendons. The average person can take as many as 10,000 steps a day and walk about 115,000 miles in a lifetime! (Source: American Podiatric Medical Ass'n.) Surely you'll agree that your feet deserve a bath of their own!!

Sweet Feet Bath is a divine tootsie blend to follow vigorous exercise, a long day of standing or just to pamper yourself. The ingredients, including selected essential oils, enliven your senses as they deodorize, pamper, soothe, and rejuvenate tired feet. You will need a large pan or footbath for this treatment. I use an old bus pan from a restaurant. This recipe is not for persons with diabetes, problems with cracked foot skin or other problems. Consult your health care provider for proper care.

Yield: Enough for 1 foot bath
Prep Time: This information will be added
Price Category: This information will be added
Difficulty Level: This information will be added
Shelf Life: This information will be added

Ingredients:
 water to fill a foot soak bin
1 cup Epsom salts
1 cup apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon liquid chlorophyll
1 drop of tea tree essential oil
1 drop juniper berry essential oil
1 drop peppermint essential oil
 several marbles or smooth stones

Blending Procedure:

1. Boil enough water to fill the bin. Remove from heat, and transfer to your foot soak bin, being careful not to burn yourself.

2. Using a large spoon, stir in Epsom salts until dissolved. Test the water-salt mixture every few minutes until it reaches a comfortable temperature; this usually takes about 15 minutes.

3. Add the vinegar and stir. Add essential oils last and swish well to incorporate. To use, wash your feet with your favorite non-detergent soap, and then soak them in this fragrant mixture for about 20 minutes to revive and refresh. You can place a layer of marbles or smooth stones in the water while you soak ... it's a nice feeling to move your feet around them during the soak. After the soak, see if you can convince a friend to give you a wonderful foot and ankle massage using shea butter or olive oil. Enjoy!
LAXmom21
by Bronze sister on Apr. 29, 2014 at 3:34 PM
Sounds awesome! I don't have the essential oils but it will look into getting them.

Quoting akitchen173:

Quoting LAXmom21:

Quoting akitchen173:

Now and then, it's nice to take the time to give our feet a special bath. Our feet work so hard for us, and more often than not, they take tremendous abuse. A foot contains 26 bones, 33 joints, 107 ligaments and 19 muscles and tendons. The average person can take as many as 10,000 steps a day and walk about 115,000 miles in a lifetime! (Source: American Podiatric Medical Ass'n.) Surely you'll agree that your feet deserve a bath of their own!!

Sweet Feet Bath is a divine tootsie blend to follow vigorous exercise, a long day of standing or just to pamper yourself. The ingredients, including selected essential oils, enliven your senses as they deodorize, pamper, soothe, and rejuvenate tired feet. You will need a large pan or footbath for this treatment. I use an old bus pan from a restaurant. This recipe is not for persons with diabetes, problems with cracked foot skin or other problems. Consult your health care provider for proper care.

Yield: Enough for 1 foot bathPrep Time: This information will be addedPrice Category: This information will be addedDifficulty Level: This information will be addedShelf Life: This information will be added

Ingredients: water to fill a foot soak bin1 cup Epsom salts1 cup apple cider vinegar1 tablespoon liquid chlorophyll1 drop of tea tree essential oil1 drop juniper berry essential oil1 drop peppermint essential oil several marbles or smooth stones

Blending Procedure:

1. Boil enough water to fill the bin. Remove from heat, and transfer to your foot soak bin, being careful not to burn yourself.
  2. Using a large spoon, stir in Epsom salts until dissolved. Test the water-salt mixture every few minutes until it reaches a comfortable temperature; this usually takes about 15 minutes.
  3. Add the vinegar and stir. Add essential oils last and swish well to incorporate. To use, wash your feet with your favorite non-detergent soap, and then soak them in this fragrant mixture for about 20 minutes to revive and refresh. You can place a layer of marbles or smooth stones in the water while you soak ... it's a nice feeling to move your feet around them during the soak. After the soak, see if you can convince a friend to give you a wonderful foot and ankle massage using shea butter or olive oil. Enjoy!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
akitchen173
by on Apr. 29, 2014 at 3:35 PM

Quoting LAXmom21: Sounds awesome! I don't have the essential oils but it will look into getting them.
Quoting akitchen173:

Quoting LAXmom21:

Quoting akitchen173:

Yield: Enough for 1 foot bathPrep Time: This information will be addedPrice Category: This information will be addedDifficulty Level: This information will be addedShelf Life: This information will be added

Ingredients: water to fill a foot soak bin1 cup Epsom salts1 cup apple cider vinegar1 tablespoon liquid chlorophyll1 drop of tea tree essential oil1 drop juniper berry essential oil1 drop peppermint essential oil several marbles or smooth stones

Blending Procedure:

Try the Health stores

baconbits
by Sister on Apr. 29, 2014 at 4:28 PM
2 moms liked this

I can honestly say I think I got the worlds best mom as well as mother in law and that includes my ex's mom! They are all very special ladies who make you feel part of the family from day one. (My ex's mom & dad still tells everyone that I'm their favorite dil!) They're all easy to buy for as every year they ask for the grandkids to pick out flowers to hang on their porches.

For myself I plan on going to the Dress Barn and buying a dress to wear not only for Mothers Day but also for my dd's wedding. It's an outside summer wedding that is dressy/casual. The wedding is over 3 hours away so no one other then dh and kids will have seen me in it. Great 2for 1 as money is extremely tight.

nussknacker
by Nutlady on Apr. 29, 2014 at 4:33 PM

No amazing ladies in my life. As for myself..that is a day that I "run way". As far away as I can get from other perfect families having brunch or whatever. It is the most depressing day of the year.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)