Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

What's up this weekend?

Posted by on May. 2, 2014 at 7:06 AM
  • 20 Replies
  • 204 Total Views

We of course, are going to move out carpets onto the driveway and steam clean the stinky smell out of them after the water damage. Shope for some special high quality food and get a water fountain bowl for our kitty, hopefully make some runs to the dump, and go to this college fair thing for kids. I am hoping to catch up on a couple tv shows that I have missed. We may go see a Black Sabbath cover band tonight at this little divey bar. You can bring your own food, like order a pizza!

What is in your plans?

Kristy

smile

by on May. 2, 2014 at 7:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
terri-553
by Terri on May. 2, 2014 at 8:27 AM
1 mom liked this

I am going to pay bills then make a roadtrip after g/daugther,tomorrow is another roadtrip,our annual Austism Walk run toTarget,yea!!!!and look after g/son Thomas all day Sunday

BL2010
by Snookims on May. 2, 2014 at 8:55 AM
1 mom liked this

UGH... good luck with the carpets.

Quoting 1kidmomajm:

We of course, are going to move out carpets onto the driveway and steam clean the stinky smell out of them after the water damage. Shope for some special high quality food and get a water fountain bowl for our kitty, hopefully make some runs to the dump, and go to this college fair thing for kids. I am hoping to catch up on a couple tv shows that I have missed. We may go see a Black Sabbath cover band tonight at this little divey bar. You can bring your own food, like order a pizza!

What is in your plans?

BL2010
by Snookims on May. 2, 2014 at 8:56 AM
1 mom liked this

No plans. Hubby has to go to work on Saturday so I'll most likely clean the house and pay some bills. Not sure about Sunday. All depends on the weather.

secondcup5
by Proud Canuck on May. 2, 2014 at 9:05 AM
1 mom liked this

Sorry about the water damage and good luck with the carpets! 

cjs702006
by Buddah on May. 2, 2014 at 10:16 AM
1 mom liked this

Don't have any major plans except for Sunday, I am going, along with my Aunt and cousins to a play that our Uncle is directing. I take that back......big plans for my 14 yr old son tonight......I promised to take him to the roller skating rink so he can see his friends.

dingysfamily
by on May. 2, 2014 at 10:32 AM
2 moms liked this

Today is hubby's last day of work, it's RETIREMENT DAY!!!!  His supervisor called me a couple hours ago to invite me to lunch with him and the other super, they are taking him to lunch & then plan to cut him loose.  Yesterday they had all the guys come into to the plant and the office staff & the guys had pizza & cupcakes & they gave him a $100 Visa gift card.  As for the weekend, it's starting tonight ... oldest son is grilling steaks for us tonight at his house.  Tomorrow the kids (well, the 3 that live here anyway) are throwing a cookout retirement party for hubby for family and close friends.  It's supposed to be a surprise, and I'm hoping hubby doesn't know about it.  I think he knows something is coming, just not exactly what & when.  He'll put on his surprised face though.  Sunday will be church and relaxing; we may go out to dinner, just the 3 of us ... dd, dh & I.

dingysfamily
by on May. 2, 2014 at 10:33 AM

BTW ... Monday will be weird; like being on vacation for awhile anyway!

Maverick1957
by Sister on May. 2, 2014 at 10:38 AM
2 moms liked this

Nothing tonight as it's "Fried Friday" for DH.  Tomorrow night we're going to a Juvenile Diabetes "Gong Show" fundraiser.  It's always a blast b/c the final gig is a group of guys who do a take-off on the Village People and everybody gets up to do "YMCA"  which is SO much fun!  Then they pump in music and everybody dances.  My fav outing of the entire year and it's for a good cause.

BL2010
by Snookims on May. 2, 2014 at 10:39 AM

Congratulations to hubby!

Quoting dingysfamily:

Today is hubby's last day of work, it's RETIREMENT DAY!!!!  His supervisor called me a couple hours ago to invite me to lunch with him and the other super, they are taking him to lunch & then plan to cut him loose.  Yesterday they had all the guys come into to the plant and the office staff & the guys had pizza & cupcakes & they gave him a $100 Visa gift card.  As for the weekend, it's starting tonight ... oldest son is grilling steaks for us tonight at his house.  Tomorrow the kids (well, the 3 that live here anyway) are throwing a cookout retirement party for hubby for family and close friends.  It's supposed to be a surprise, and I'm hoping hubby doesn't know about it.  I think he knows something is coming, just not exactly what & when.  He'll put on his surprised face though.  Sunday will be church and relaxing; we may go out to dinner, just the 3 of us ... dd, dh & I.

akitchen173
by on May. 2, 2014 at 11:13 AM

paying bills

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)