Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Rough Day

Posted by on May. 2, 2014 at 6:33 PM
  • 20 Replies
  • 314 Total Views
2 moms liked this
At my consulting job today, it was rough. It's my "TOM", and I felt like crap, to say it lightly.

I was beyond bloated (had to squeeze myself into my pantsuit today) and I had the worst mood swings. I dealt with so many "jerks" today. I went to three different meetings, and it seems like everyone wanted to get on my nerves.
One of my co-workers said "I guess that's why we shouldn't have female CEO's or Presidents, every 28 days, you gals go nuts!"

I wanted to take my heels off and attack him with them.

Ugh, today sucked.
by on May. 2, 2014 at 6:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gracef282
by Kiwi Maid on May. 2, 2014 at 6:40 PM
3 moms liked this
Maybe a shoe thrown at his head would of made your day lol. Aww hope you feel better.
ALolies
by Red Room Rebel on May. 2, 2014 at 6:46 PM
2 moms liked this

Isn't it amazing how men choose that time of month to be total asses? Some of them need a shoe thrown at them!

Carlacity
by Sister on May. 2, 2014 at 6:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Thanks for the support, gals. :)'

I so wanted to shove that heel up "you know where."

The bloating was so uncomfortable, and I also had a migraine. Combined with the mood swings, I was a ticking time bomb.

I actually had to attend the two meetings with him, and he drove me there (I had a car of my own, but my boss insisted that I go with him in his car. Go figure.)

At one point, I felt so bloated and "fat" that I had no choice but to unbutton my pantsuit and open the top button of my slacks just to breathe. He then said, "Ooh, Carly, about to do a little show for me?"

I wanted to throw him out of that window....................

elm498
by Gold sister on May. 2, 2014 at 7:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Sorry you had a crappy day, but the visual I got of throwing the heels at him made me laugh!!!!

At first I was wondering who TOM was, but I finally put it together.  Same for me, but I refer to it as the monthly monster.

elm498
by Gold sister on May. 2, 2014 at 7:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Once you got out of the car you should have attacked him with your heels!!!!  I would have been pissed if he made that comment to me.

Quoting Carlacity:

Thanks for the support, gals. :)'

I so wanted to shove that heel up "you know where."

The bloating was so uncomfortable, and I also had a migraine. Combined with the mood swings, I was a ticking time bomb.

I actually had to attend the two meetings with him, and he drove me there (I had a car of my own, but my boss insisted that I go with him in his car. Go figure.)

At one point, I felt so bloated and "fat" that I had no choice but to unbutton my pantsuit and open the top button of my slacks just to breathe. He then said, "Ooh, Carly, about to do a little show for me?"

I wanted to throw him out of that window....................

wenuck
by Moonshine on May. 2, 2014 at 7:20 PM
Grrrr!!
Hope you feel better Hugs!!
MentorMom1
by Gold sister on May. 2, 2014 at 7:30 PM
2 moms liked this

Sounds like a bigoted jerk who should be reported.  Do you have a mini-tape recorder?  I'd be all over that. 

Mariagma3
by Wild Midwest Lady on May. 2, 2014 at 7:43 PM
2 moms liked this

That is definitely is messed up comment! I would've clocked him!

BL2010
by Just Me on May. 2, 2014 at 9:44 PM

Wow, I can't believe he said that. You could file a harassment against him. Hope tomorrow is better. {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Carlacity
by Sister on May. 9, 2014 at 4:00 PM
I am beside myself.

Earlier this week, my boss had a bit of a discussion with me about it.

He was actually on the "jerk's" side.

Wow.......

He said I acted "inappropriately" and in an unprofessional manner, completely ignoring the "jerk's" piggish behavior.

He even went as far to say, "you can't open your pants in front of a man and expect no reaction". He finished that statement with a grin.

I cried for about a whole hour in my office. I left a bit later, and haven't been back since. I'm thinking of quitting and looking for another job.

This is making me feel like crying all over again. ':(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)