Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Have any of you been in traction?

Posted by on May. 5, 2014 at 12:50 PM
  • 14 Replies
  • 115 Total Views

Hello Ladies,

I am in physical therapy from a car accident. My therapist has me in spinal decompression aka traction. He said it should not hurt during the treatment. The problem is I can barely move off the table after the treatment. I do have an appointment with an orthopedic and a neurologist coming up to ask them about this.

I was wondering if any of you ladies have had traction? Was it helpful for you?

by on May. 5, 2014 at 12:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ALolies
by Red Room Rebel on May. 5, 2014 at 12:51 PM
1 mom liked this

I haven't but wanna wish you good luck...

atlmom2
by Susie on May. 5, 2014 at 12:56 PM

My friend did some sort of traction at home for her back.  It did help her a lot.  She also did injections. 

BL2010
by BL on May. 5, 2014 at 1:09 PM

Sorry, I haven't. Good luck. I wonder if you've brought this up with the therapist?

Snowl
by Snowl :) on May. 5, 2014 at 1:41 PM

Yes I have. He said it might be the way I am positioned on the table. The last two times though it still was very painful trying to move afterward. That is when I said no more until I talk with the doctor. The traction itself didn't hurt.

Quoting BL2010:

Sorry, I haven't. Good luck. I wonder if you've brought this up with the therapist?

BL2010
by BL on May. 5, 2014 at 1:48 PM

When is the appt with the dr? I hope he/she can give you some advice. {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Quoting Snowl:

Yes I have. He said it might be the way I am positioned on the table. The last two times though it still was very painful trying to move afterward. That is when I said no more until I talk with the doctor. The traction itself didn't hurt.

Quoting BL2010:

wildchild.com
by Rapunzel on May. 5, 2014 at 2:32 PM
Wow I've never been in traction before but it sounds like he'd over working you. I went to therapy for my broken wrist & sometimes it would feel a little swollen. But it was always a good feeling. Kind of like how you feel after a workout.
wenuck
by Moonshine on May. 5, 2014 at 4:58 PM

I have not Good Luck!!

ChellBell2013
by Beach Lover on May. 5, 2014 at 5:00 PM

Never tryed it 

hugs hope it helps 

caro100
by Bronze sister on May. 5, 2014 at 5:03 PM

I had it for my neck.  At first it helped, but as he put more weight on, it hurt worse.  I quit going.

BL2010
by BL on May. 5, 2014 at 9:20 PM

bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)