Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

What Are You Wearing On Mother’s Day?

Posted by on May. 5, 2014 at 4:37 PM
  • 118 Replies
  • 46170 Total Views
1 mom liked this

In a whole year of being cook, tutor, bank and taxi, it’s nice to know there’s a day dedicated just to us. Mother’s Day! A day to get cute hand-made cards and, if you’re lucky, get taken out for a nice brunch.

In the spirit of doing something special for Mother’s Day, we gave 10 moms $150 gift cards from dressbarn and asked them to either buy themselves a nice outfit or gifts for the moms in their lives. They’ll be posting about their shopping experiences below. But in the meantime, tell us, are you dressing up this Mother’s Day? If so, what are you going to be wearing? Click here for some great outfit and gift ideas from dressbarn.

by on May. 5, 2014 at 4:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ChellBell2013
by Beach Lover on May. 5, 2014 at 5:22 PM
1 mom liked this

I have to work 1-7 on mothers day which is no surprise because I was off all last weekend   but I prob will wear a dress to work just because it is Mothers day and  I love wearing Dresses

MsCatherine
by Sister on May. 5, 2014 at 5:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Well I will be staying home and hubby is going to cook for me.  He is cooking homemade spaghetti and meatballs, with a bottle of wine.  My son Austin is cooking me breakfast, so I can't complain. 

MsCatherine
by Sister on May. 5, 2014 at 5:34 PM
1 mom liked this

So I did my shopping for Mother's day and here is what I bought:

This is for my mom.  She loves coffe and coffe mugs, so I thought she would enjoy this:  

My mother in law loves jewelry but nothing TOO flashy so I bought her this. She loves pearls as well:

and to spoil myself I bought this:

I think Dressbarn has some really cute things, from jewerly to sunglasses to clothes.  I will definately continue to shop here.

wildchild.com
by Rapunzel on May. 5, 2014 at 8:03 PM
Bump
1kidmomajm
by Kristy on May. 5, 2014 at 8:14 PM

Shorts and a t shirt. We go to my moms for breakfast. Then nothing after.

ChellBell2013
by Beach Lover on May. 5, 2014 at 11:07 PM

Bumping

Anita_OES72
by Sister on May. 6, 2014 at 1:27 AM

I am working a 13 hour shift so will only get to see my two children and grandson that live near by for an hour or so :(

secondcup5
by Proud Canuck on May. 6, 2014 at 6:09 AM
1 mom liked this

This is my most favourite meal in the world.............and I have no plans made for sunday yet...........hint....hint.

Quoting MsCatherine:

Well I will be staying home and hubby is going to cook for me.  He is cooking homemade spaghetti and meatballs, with a bottle of wine.  My son Austin is cooking me breakfast, so I can't complain. 

cjs702006
by Buddah on May. 6, 2014 at 6:14 AM

I like wearing the maxi dresses and just bought a couple recently. Will have to decide which one I like best to wear on Sunday.

TheJerseyGirl
by Bronze sister on May. 6, 2014 at 8:00 AM
3 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Hi ladies! I was chosen and had the most amazing day to myself. For once, it was so nice to not have to worry about money and buy myself some things I needed and absolutely love. My oldest son is graduating college next Thursday and I had absolutely nothing special to wear. I also have a wedding to attend at the end of Summer and found another perfect dress. I had a blast and considered the whole experience my favorite Mother's Day ever.

Dress barn shocked me! They have something for everyone and in every size. The clothes are so affordable and stylish. The sales people were so great to talk to and I believe have joined Cafemom now ! Lol!

Thank you so much Cafemom and Dress Barn!

I'm on mobile so I can only post one picture at a time but here goes!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)