Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

NANNY JOB IN LIMBO!!!! HELP!!!!!

Posted by on May. 6, 2014 at 1:40 PM
  • 34 Replies
  • 390 Total Views

I love my nanny job. I have been with this family since November 4th.  The kids mom tells me her last day is May30th and then she says she won't need me after that.  She is a teacher.  Then she says her and her husband have been talking about if they are going to hire me back or not when school starts back up. I am in shock!   I went and got a safe vehicle because of her kids.   So they are traveling safely.  I stay until whatever time they need me to.  The kids and i get along great!  I get  along with the parents too. I need to know asap if they are going to keep me or get rid of me.  She did not tell me when she would have an answer about that.  I was going to tell her i need to know either way by Monday May12th.  What do you think?  I have bills to pay and I am going to have to get another nanny job fast!!!!! Am I right in giving her a specific day I need to know?

by on May. 6, 2014 at 1:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JKronrod
by Sister on May. 6, 2014 at 1:46 PM
2 moms liked this

Yes, of course you should -- as long as you do it professionally and politely.  Also, if you need to find another family, you might try Great Au Pair . com  We have done searches for au pairs through them, but they have nanny jobs, too.  You also might consider a contract next time -- if you have any leverage -- so that it's  for a full year...   

ChellBell2013
by Beach Lover on May. 6, 2014 at 1:50 PM
1 mom liked this

I would start looking for something for summer and tell her u need to know a week before so you know what ur doing if u need a new job in fall or a temp job for summer

dancer
by Sister -lp on May. 6, 2014 at 1:58 PM

A week before what?

Quoting ChellBell2013:

I would start looking for something for summer and tell her u need to know a week before so you know what ur doing if u need a new job in fall or a temp job for summer

ChellBell2013
by Beach Lover on May. 6, 2014 at 2:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Her last day for svhool year

ALolies
by Red Room Rebel on May. 6, 2014 at 2:03 PM

Yes, give her a date to let you know if they are hiring you back in the fall. You need to know to line up your next job.

dancer
by Sister -lp on May. 6, 2014 at 2:04 PM
2 moms liked this

I was going to tell her that I need to know by May12th.  They have already been talking about it.  Who knows how long!   I need to know so I can make plans to get another job lined up,soon! I have bills!!!!

Quoting ChellBell2013:

dancer
by Sister -lp on May. 6, 2014 at 2:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes! Thank you!!

Quoting ALolies:

Yes, give her a date to let you know if they are hiring you back in the fall. You need to know to line up your next job.

ChellBell2013
by Beach Lover on May. 6, 2014 at 2:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Maybe. Say I would like to see the kids 1-2 a month in summer or x amount of time this summer show ur intrested

ChellBell2013
by Beach Lover on May. 6, 2014 at 2:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Well find something for summer for sure but dont be a pain and bug for a answer or may be no

Quoting dancer:

I was going to tell her that I need to know by May12th.  They have already been talking about it.  Who knows how long!   I need to know so I can make plans to get another job lined up,soon! I have bills!!!!

Quoting ChellBell2013:

dancer
by Sister -lp on May. 6, 2014 at 2:07 PM
2 moms liked this

I already told her anytime her and her husband need a date night or some time for themselves I am available.  She said if they need someone,I'll be the first one they call.

Quoting ChellBell2013:

Maybe. Say I would like to see the kids 1-2 a month in summer or x amount of time this summer show ur intrested

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)