Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

If you were paying...

Posted by on May. 7, 2014 at 8:53 AM
  • 13 Replies
  • 134 Total Views

IF you were paying somebody to cater a bridal shower and the caterer took it upon herself to make cloth napkins with handmade rings with ribbons (20 of them), included in the price you were quoted.  What would you think?  Do you think it's nice or overkill on behalf of the caterer?

How2Be

by on May. 7, 2014 at 8:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ashleighmama
by Ash on May. 7, 2014 at 8:56 AM

I would think it was nice.

secondcup5
by Proud Canuck on May. 7, 2014 at 8:57 AM

Yup me too, I would think it was very nice!

ALolies
by Red Room Rebel on May. 7, 2014 at 8:59 AM

I would think it is nice.

bhow
by Silver sister on May. 7, 2014 at 9:08 AM

I know the bride somewhat and think she's a great person and wanted this to be so special for her but, have only met the woman paying twice.  I don't want her to think I'm stepping on toes.  I had most of the fabric, all the ribbon materials and paid $2 for rings, all the thread.  I think I put about $12 extra into them.  Everyone I've showed loves them.

Quoting ashleighmama:

How2Be

bhow
by Silver sister on May. 7, 2014 at 9:08 AM

Good, thanks.

Quoting secondcup5:

Yup me too, I would think it was very nice!

How2Be

bhow
by Silver sister on May. 7, 2014 at 9:10 AM

Thank You.  The bride is somebody I know somewhat, and really like her.  Have only met the lady paying the bill twice.  Don't want her fell as if I'm stepping on toes.

Quoting ALolies:

How2Be

ashleighmama
by Ash on May. 7, 2014 at 9:10 AM

I would think you were going the extra mile to make sure I had a special day, i would greatly appreciate it. There aren't enough sweet people in the world.

Quoting bhow:

I know the bride somewhat and think she's a great person and wanted this to be so special for her but, have only met the woman paying twice.  I don't want her to think I'm stepping on toes.  I had most of the fabric, all the ribbon materials and paid $2 for rings, all the thread.  I think I put about $12 extra into them.  Everyone I've showed loves them.

Quoting ashleighmama:

ALolies
by Red Room Rebel on May. 7, 2014 at 9:16 AM

I would think that you went above and beyond. I always give positive feedback if I get more than I thought I was getting. Word of mouth is the best advertisement. I think she will tell her friends how good you did to make the shower beautiful.

Quoting bhow:

Thank You.  The bride is somebody I know somewhat, and really like her.  Have only met the lady paying the bill twice.  Don't want her fell as if I'm stepping on toes.

Quoting ALolies:

wildchild.com
by Rapunzel on May. 7, 2014 at 9:47 AM
I think it's nice :-)
GoddessJohnnie
by Goddess Johnnie on May. 7, 2014 at 9:48 AM

I would think it was nice and that she was giving you an extra special touch so you will remember and use her next time you have an event.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)