Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

What is your impression of someone with tattoos?

Posted by on May. 8, 2014 at 9:00 AM
  • 75 Replies
  • 927 Total Views
1 mom liked this

Yes I saw this on The Today show...

Tattoo's are becoming a big thing. Most do a memory picture while others put one on as a dare or just because. I seen some who put their loves name on them and had to cover it up after a break up. Some have them hidden and never show anyone. I seen homemade ones, jailhouse and professional. Some may be tear drops on the face to a simple word of inspiration on the wrist.

So you are talking to someone and you notice they are covered with tattoos. What is your impression of them?

What about those who have piercings all over their face and even the big holes in their ears?

Do you sport a tattoo? What is it?

How about a piercing?

I don't have any tatts but I do have a nose ring.

Join us for coffee&support (_)3

by on May. 8, 2014 at 9:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BL2010
by BL on May. 8, 2014 at 9:04 AM
2 moms liked this

I try not to judge people by having tats or piercing though when they are overdone I do want to ask what the purpose is.

I do have two tats, one on each shoulder blade area and two piercings in each ear.

ashleighmama
by Ash on May. 8, 2014 at 9:06 AM
2 moms liked this

I try not to judge if they have too many, but personally, I love tats, I have 2 myself and would have more if I could afford them.

ChellBell2013
by Beach Lover on May. 8, 2014 at 9:06 AM
2 moms liked this
I dont care for a zillion tats when there body is covered its not attractive I hate face tats too
I guess I am bias since I have 0 tats
JC2223
by Bronze sister on May. 8, 2014 at 9:12 AM
1 mom liked this

My ears are pierced and I have one tattoo (small double linking heart on the side of my right foot in front of my ankle, one red heart for DH, one pink heart for DD). I think tattoos are wonderful if they have a special meaning to that person. Piercings just make me think of the pain, not something I'm into. The only negative thing I think when I see a person covered in tattoos and/or piercings is that it might make it harder to find employment. Unless the industry they work in doesn't mind a person covered in those things.

Bleacheddecay
by Gold Sister -lp on May. 8, 2014 at 9:41 AM

I don't like tattoos or most piercings but I don't judge people much based on them. Some I do think, oh, they went along with the crowd on that one. Everyone gets that tattoo.

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on May. 8, 2014 at 9:42 AM
1 mom liked this

I think its funny.. I have had my nose done for many years now and one of my friends just noticed it last week... LOL..

akitchen173
by on May. 8, 2014 at 9:46 AM

I personally do not have a tatoo but it does not bother me if someone else does.  I have a friend that lost custody of her grandchild who had the name of her grandchild tatooed on her.

Carmen66
by Hot Latina on May. 8, 2014 at 9:58 AM
1 mom liked this
It don't bother me, my 3 Kids have a bunch of them. I have one on my leg.
LadyAmaranth
by Amaranth on May. 8, 2014 at 10:03 AM
2 moms liked this

I have four tattoos. My late hubby had like 11.

I like most I see especially if they have sentimental value like my newest one does.

Some are tacky or odd but to each their own.

Piercings don't bug me unless there's a ton then I think "ow" lol.

cjs702006
by Buddah on May. 8, 2014 at 10:48 AM

I don't judge people by the tatts they have.....I like that they can express themselves in an artful way. I have a couple tatts myself.....a teddy bear holding a big heart in honor of my kids.....it was never finished, it's supposed to have their names on it.....and I have a peace sign with a rose entwined around it as well. The only thing I have pierced are my ears, just once but have been thinking about getting them pierced again or getting a small diamond stud in my nose.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)