Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need a new mattress!

Posted by on May. 17, 2014 at 1:11 AM
  • 7 Replies
  • 364 Total Views

Am asking PLEASE for ideas. I have a poor back,scoliosis,  I need lots of support. To give you some idea of this.....when I was a child at camp, I always needed a sheet of plywood put under that mat. For several years, I slept on  the living room floor with my kids. THAT kind of support. Also, the foam matresses are out of the question, as it gets WAY to hot where I sleep . I would probably sweat to death. So, something cool and firm. And if it gets delivered by hunky chiseled men all the better. LOL. But seriously,,,any reccomendations? PLEASE?

by on May. 17, 2014 at 1:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
sahlady
by It's a jen.thing :) on May. 17, 2014 at 11:01 AM

NOT THIS ONE EVER! HORRIBLE PRODUCT! HORRIBLE COMPANY.!

i DONT HAVE ENOUGH VILE WORDS TO DESCRIBED THIS PRODUCT.  

i NEVER HAD BACK ISSUES UNTIL WE BOUGHT THIS PRODUCT. EVIL EVIL EVIL VILE VILE VILE HORRID PRODUCT!

http://www.sleepnumber.com/b/beds?cm_mmc=Google+National-_-NB+Mattress+BMM-_-+mattresses%20+review- _-905109&tag=905109

Moms_Angels1960
by Husker Babe on May. 17, 2014 at 11:25 AM

We just got a sleep # bed and I am having a horrible time getting used to it. We just got yesterday a new 3" foam to go in it. So far I would not recommend this bed to anyone.

kaarina
by Boston Strong on May. 17, 2014 at 11:57 AM

I have scoliosis and when I was diagnosed as a teen, my orthopedic surgeon suggested a water bed. When I got married we got one and we had it for the first 20 years. I never had a sore back with that mattress. When we got a new bed, we got a regular mattress and for 12 years now, I have been having a sore back off and on. I put that up to age, but maybe it is the mattress. I don't even know if they make water beds anymore. I had the one that looked like a regular mattress but had tubes of water inside and it fit on a regular bed frame.

sahlady
by It's a jen.thing :) on May. 17, 2014 at 11:59 AM

that is interesting.... I would have thought a water bed would be bottom of the list for scoliosis.

Quoting kaarina:

I have scoliosis and when I was diagnosed as a teen, my orthopedic surgeon suggested a water bed. When I got married we got one and we had it for the first 20 years. I never had a sore back with that mattress. When we got a new bed, we got a regular mattress and for 12 years now, I have been having a sore back off and on. I put that up to age, but maybe it is the mattress. I don't even know if they make water beds anymore. I had the one that looked like a regular mattress but had tubes of water inside and it fit on a regular bed frame.

kaarina
by Boston Strong on May. 17, 2014 at 12:01 PM

Right? I have heard that too, but not what my DR advised, and it worked for me. Maybe it depends on the severity of the scoliosis or something.

Quoting sahlady:

that is interesting.... I would have thought a water bed would be bottom of the list for scoliosis.

Quoting kaarina:

wenuck
by Wendy - Moonshine on May. 17, 2014 at 12:05 PM
I hope you find something I'm no help here I sleep on a waterbed.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)