Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

neighbor boy need urgent opinions

Posted by on May. 18, 2014 at 2:38 PM
  • 41 Replies
  • 940 Total Views
Neighbor boy got stuck with a needle by laying on it. Mom says don't tell. His arm and shoulder are hurting. He is not his normal self. So I told him to tell his grandpa who also lives with him. O told him to tell grandpa without mom being present. He thinks it was a sewing needle, but he is only 9. Mom doesn't take allergy shots or diabetes shots. Mom said if he tells grandpa she will ground him for a month. If grandpa suspects drugs I think he will kick mom out, but I'm not sure. What do we do?
by on May. 18, 2014 at 2:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sahlady
by It's a jen.thing :) on May. 18, 2014 at 2:40 PM
4 moms liked this

holy hell.... some one take that kid to the doctor and if he is THAT afraid of mom/grandpa someone needs to step in and be his advocate.

There is no way a sewing needle would do that much harm.

opinionatedmom
by Gold sister on May. 18, 2014 at 2:44 PM
Grandpa is strict, I don't think he is scared of grandpa in that way, but respects him. Mom is my worry. I don't want him in trouble with her, but how do we help him without him catching the brunt from mom

Quoting sahlady:

holy hell.... some one take that kid to the doctor and if he is THAT afraid of mom/grandpa someone needs to step in and be his advocate.

sahlady
by It's a jen.thing :) on May. 18, 2014 at 2:46 PM
1 mom liked this

if it was just a sewing needle why would mom feel it needs to be a secret.  I think the child's health comes before worrying if mom is going to get mad.  

Have you seen the injury?  

Quoting opinionatedmom: Grandpa is strict, I don't think he is scared of grandpa in that way, but respects him. Mom is my worry. I don't want him in trouble with her, but how do we help him without him catching the brunt from mom
Quoting sahlady:

opinionatedmom
by Gold sister on May. 18, 2014 at 2:48 PM
Yes

Quoting sahlady:

if it was just a sewing needle why would mom feel it needs to be a secret.  I think the child's health comes before worrying if mom is going to get mad.  

Quoting opinionatedmom: Grandpa is strict, I don't think he is scared of grandpa in that way, but respects him. Mom is my worry. I don't want him in trouble with her, but how do we help him without him catching the brunt from mom

Quoting sahlady:

sahlady
by It's a jen.thing :) on May. 18, 2014 at 2:49 PM

do you think it was just a sewing needle?

Quoting opinionatedmom: Yes
Quoting sahlady:

Quoting sahlady:

opinionatedmom
by Gold sister on May. 18, 2014 at 2:50 PM
Yes I have

Quoting sahlady:

Quoting sahlady:

opinionatedmom
by Gold sister on May. 18, 2014 at 2:52 PM
I strongly suspect drug needle, especially the way he's acting.

Quoting sahlady:

do you think it was just a sewing needle?

Quoting sahlady:

Quoting sahlady:

valkay
by faithful sister on May. 18, 2014 at 2:53 PM
No matter what kind of needle the tip can break off. And you can get a nasty infection.. Case in point my middle son had jaundice when he was born. Many needle pokes in his heel. The day after he came came home from the hospital his heel swelled to 3 times the size. Took him in to dr was told to soak it and pull on the sides. I Kid you not it drained pus for 30 minutes. Long story short that foot is a size 1 1/2 smaller than the other. When he was about a year and a half the needle tip worked its way out enough for me to pull it out. When he was in 6th grade an X-ray reveled bone damage from it.
valkay
by faithful sister on May. 18, 2014 at 2:55 PM
He needs to go to the dr longer they wait the worse it could become
opinionatedmom
by Gold sister on May. 18, 2014 at 2:59 PM
I know, but not my kid. Grandpa takes good care of him and I believe he would get him checked. But getting around mom to grandpa is a problem.

Quoting valkay: He needs to go to the dr the longer they wait the worse it could become
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)