Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

How come....(I'm asking with all sincerity too.)

Posted by on May. 24, 2014 at 8:55 AM
  • 33 Replies
  • 724 Total Views

How come when you take pictures of houses, cars, boats, kids, and nature...those things ALWAYS look so much better in print. However, I can feel like I'm looking rather good one day...hair good...make-up (what little I wear) in place and tastefully done and come out looking like something the cat drug in...or worse...MY MOTHER! I don't get it! Every wrinkle shows...every gray...every EVERYTHING is noticable. Now how come this doesn't happen when you take OTHER pictures?

by on May. 24, 2014 at 8:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LadyAmaranth
by Amaranth on May. 24, 2014 at 9:04 AM

Good question!

Lori942
by UMMMMM....... on May. 24, 2014 at 9:05 AM

OMG this is so true!!!  DS took a pic of me just this week before I headed out to meet some friends for dinner....yes I thought I looked pretty damn good however the picture said otherwise. 

ALolies
by Red Room Rebel on May. 24, 2014 at 9:14 AM

I often wonder the same thing. I take terrible pictures and look like I just rolled out of bed and raggedy.. UGH!

Bleacheddecay
by Gold Sister -lp on May. 24, 2014 at 9:17 AM

I feel the same way.

Moms_Angels1960
by Husker Babe on May. 24, 2014 at 9:24 AM
3 moms liked this

We are our own worse critics.

wildchild.com
by Rapunzel on May. 24, 2014 at 10:21 AM
Yes! It's like really I thought I was looking fine but apparently I've grown a double chin Lol
catloveralways
by SpitFire :) on May. 24, 2014 at 10:21 AM

So  true. 

Maida265
by Spanking the Monkey on May. 24, 2014 at 10:24 AM

Oh for sure!!! But there are times when I'm feeling like I've got it all going on...only to discover that RIGHT before that picture was snapped, I done lost EVERY bit of it! LOL

Quoting Moms_Angels1960:

We are our own worse critics.

ashleighmama
by Ash on May. 24, 2014 at 10:33 AM

So true. There have been times I'll look in the mirror and think I look pretty good, then a pic will get taken of me that same day, and I look like crap! Or I'll look in the mirror and think that what I'm wearing makes me look a little smaller, then get my pic taken and I look like a freakin whale, i can't win. So I usually just avoid pics, lol.

SpiritFortress
by Sister on May. 24, 2014 at 10:34 AM

The house, cars, and boats are void of human emotion; kids haven't been on the planet long enough to show signs of wear and tear from the environment and the emotional strain of living under our government; and nature can be above all that and just be beautiful all the time. Unless we've been in contact with it too much and screwed with it enough during that contact to make it ugly. :/ 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)