Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

That's it! I have offically lost my mind...

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2014 at 9:34 AM
  • 21 Replies
  • 373 Total Views
1 mom liked this

Some might say I have lost it years ago but nope....it just happened!

A few weeks ago I noticed a few cardnials in my yard.  I thought, oh, how beautiful!  They would fly up on my deck and they didn't seem to have any fear of me or the cats.  They would happily chirp away without a care in the world.  It was too cute!

That was a few weeks ago.  Now they won't shut up or go away!  All day long I hear this loud chirp, chirp, chirp, chirp as I'm trying to concentrate on work.  They've eaten all of my potted plants and they are constantly taunting my cats behind the screen door.  They are driving me nuts!

A few moments ago I hit a low point when I went storming out onto my deck and they flew up on my garage roof and stared at me.  I pointed and yelled 'I am going to fry up you little bastards and you're going to taste delicious'!  I heard laughter in the background.  My neighbor was out on her deck and witnessed my little meltdown.  She said 'Are you OK'.  I just shook my head and walked back in my house.

They're chirping again as I'm typing this.  Lord, give me strength!  LOL

by on Jun. 3, 2014 at 9:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BL2010
by BL on Jun. 3, 2014 at 9:47 AM

LMAO....

Lori942
by UMMMMM....... on Jun. 3, 2014 at 9:55 AM
2 moms liked this

Ok this is cracking me up because this past week while sitting on our patio we have been hearing the loudest bird ever...we have yet to see him though.  He goes on and on but it's more than just chirping....sounds like he's saying leeba, leeba, leeba over and over again. At first it was cute and kind of funny....now it's getting extremely annoying!

Moms_Angels1960
by Husker Babe on Jun. 3, 2014 at 10:02 AM
1 mom liked this

Oh My I am sure that was quite the site. That had me laughing I know this is no laughing matter I surely don't know how to help you though.Make a scare crow see if that will help.

wildchild.com
by Janine on Jun. 3, 2014 at 10:21 AM
Lmao!
kaarina
by Boston Strong on Jun. 3, 2014 at 10:54 AM
2 moms liked this

LMAO! I think I'm losing my mind right along with you. I was woken up again by all the birds singing at 4:45 am. I yelled out, " Oh My God, will you shut up" Then at 9 am, my DH says that sun really ruins your sleep when it comes up, and I said yeah and the damn birds singing. Nevermind all the traffic and delivery truck noise that doesn't wake us up. LOL

Maida265
by Spanking the Monkey on Jun. 3, 2014 at 11:18 AM
2 moms liked this

Oh darlin'!!! I hear ya!!! I have a nest of birds inside the area behind the siding on my carport. Initially I didn't think anything bad. It was fun watching them build their little condo and such. They sounded pretty...afterall it was a long hard winter. Well NOW, the little suckers are almost full grown but have yet to leave the nest. ALL they do is SQUAWK and HISS wanting Momma and Daddy to bring them more food. I'm telling ya...it's time for them to MOVE OUT!!!

wenuck
by Moonshine on Jun. 3, 2014 at 11:48 AM
Lol!!!!
firelites
by Anne on Jun. 3, 2014 at 11:58 AM
2 moms liked this

I can empathize, we have a whipowill in our back yard, they "sing" all night long  as much as I hate fans the white noise kind of blocks it out

baconbits
by Bronze sister on Jun. 3, 2014 at 12:08 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL City folks! I don't think I could sleep a wink without the birds chirping, cows mooing, crickets chirping, dogs barking, chickens clucking and pretty soon we'll have some roosters crowing again. Love waking up to the sound of the animals and even a tractor firing up to go feed the livestock. The city is way to noisy for me. LOL

ALolies
by Red Room Rebel on Jun. 3, 2014 at 12:22 PM

I totally agree...

Quoting baconbits:

LOL City folks! I don't think I could sleep a wink without the birds chirping, cows mooing, crickets chirping, dogs barking, chickens clucking and pretty soon we'll have some roosters crowing again. Love waking up to the sound of the animals and even a tractor firing up to go feed the livestock. The city is way to noisy for me. LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN