Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Today, June 4 is...

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2014 at 9:33 AM
  • 6 Replies
  • 102 Total Views

Wow there are actually three special things happening today!

Applesauce Cake Day - Applesauce Cake Day is a time to enjoy an old and often forgotten goodie. This is a truely delicious day.

It doesn't take much to enjoy Applesauce Cake Day. Just eat a piece of applesauce cake. The only problem is finding it. If you're lucky, a bakery or a restaurant will pick up on this day, and offer it as a special today. Otherwise, you may have to make an applesauce cake from scratch.

Hug Your Cat Day Today is Hug Your Cat Day. Go ahead and give your cat a big, furry hug.

Cat lovers can really get into this day. If you're a cat lover, you can really appreciate the warm, cozy feeling you get when you curl up on a couch or chair, and hug your cat. The only problem is, your cat will most likely only allow a brief hug before sauntering away. If your cat is a true hugger, count your blessings.

Dog lovers...sorry, but hugging your dog will not suffice. If you are going to be "into" this day, you simply must hug a cat...your cat.

You don't have a cat? You can correct this today. The month of June is "Adopt a Cat Month".

Old Maid's Day - Still haven't found "Mr. Right"? Are the years are beginning to pile up? Don't worry or fret. This day is for you. Old Maid's Day brings awareness to those of us who have not yet found (and caught) our soul mates.

Old Maid's Day exists to put into the spotlight all of the fair maidens who have yet to find their Prince Charming.

Ladies, celebrate Old Maids Day by getting out and getting noticed. Guys, open your eyes.... "Mrs. Right" may be right under your nose.

by on Jun. 4, 2014 at 9:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
ALolies
by Red Room Rebel on Jun. 4, 2014 at 9:36 AM
1 mom liked this

I hug my cat almost everyday...

BL2010
by Snookims on Jun. 4, 2014 at 9:38 AM
1 mom liked this

lol.. so you spoil it!

Quoting ALolies:

ALolies
by Red Room Rebel on Jun. 4, 2014 at 9:39 AM
1 mom liked this

Very much so! LOL

Quoting BL2010:

lol.. so you spoil it!

Quoting ALolies:

wenuck
by Moonshine on Jun. 4, 2014 at 9:40 AM
Cool I hugged my cat too =)
sahlady
by It's a jen.thing :) on Jun. 4, 2014 at 9:42 AM

i dont have a cat........... I could make a off color comment here but since we are not in the taboo forum I wont.

BL2010
by Snookims on Jun. 4, 2014 at 9:46 AM

LMAO... well, you can hug that one...

Quoting sahlady:

i dont have a cat........... I could make a off color comment here but since we are not in the taboo forum I wont.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)