Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

KFC is saying that the investigation proves that..................

Posted by on Jun. 24, 2014 at 7:57 AM
  • 51 Replies
  • 775 Total Views

Them asking a 3 year old little girl and her family to leave because of her face being scarred was a hoax. They said that in the investigation they found nothing of the child or her grandma being in the fast food restaurant that they claim to be in and there was no receipt of the mash potatoes and sweet tea that was order.

KFC said they would still give the pledge money of $30,000 for the child treatment because they did promise it to the child. The dog bite to the child's face was real and they do feel bad about that.

I can't say I am shocked but I am upset because these people made this chain lose lots of business and then this business finds out its a hoax and still offers the money to the family for the childs treatment.

What is your thoughts on this? Should KFC still give the childs family the money that was pledge?

Join us for coffee&support (_)3

by on Jun. 24, 2014 at 7:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mariagma3
by Wild Midwest Lady on Jun. 24, 2014 at 8:36 AM

Yes, if they promised it. IDK enough about the whole story. Sounds messed up and sad...I really feel for the child.

BL2010
by BL on Jun. 24, 2014 at 8:41 AM

Wow... I think it's great that they are still going to give them the money, but I don't think they should. Those people LIED and should not be rewarded for it. I hate people!

caro100
by Bronze sister on Jun. 24, 2014 at 8:45 AM
1 mom liked this

I am not sure, that I exactly believe KFC.  I suspect,that even though their investigation did not show anything, I am betting something happened, otherwise they would not be contributing  money.  it would be interesting to see of there were any firings, shortly afterwards.

baconbits
by Bronze sister on Jun. 24, 2014 at 9:03 AM
1 mom liked this

I think it's great that they're still willing to give them the money. I always kinda thought it was fishy because the grandmother could never point out who told them they needed to leave. If someone told me my grandchild had to leave because their looks were scaring other customers I'd have their name and went to management right then and there. I do feel for them because I think they did it because she was desperate for her grandchild. People will do a lot of stuff to help a child.

jmlmomma
by Momma's new BFF on Jun. 24, 2014 at 9:05 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't know whats worse.

1. KFC employee doing that

2. SCUMBAGS lying about it happening, when their child has an injury.

I HOPE that if it is a scam that the parents get punished for filing a false report..and I hope KFC is telling the truth for the sake of the company and thankful they are going to help the child regardless of what the parents did. THEY DON'T HAVE TO, they are Innocent in this.

This whole thing sickens me. 

valkay
by faithful sister on Jun. 24, 2014 at 9:20 AM
I do not think they should get the money. Unless it is put in a trust for the child for college .
I can say for a fact you reward someone for that in a years time you will have 10 more pulling scams..
I worked at k-mart we had a nut ( really she was she tried to bring back 1/2 eaten bag of cotton candy because it was too sweet it tasted too much like sugar) . Anyway the manager gave her 28$ worth of stuff to get her out of the store because she was yelling about us not having something. He told me it was good customer service. I said Not with her . After that She came in once a week trying to get stuff free .. Like bringing back a 2 lb box of candy. Only problem was there were only 6 pieces left. A dirty used stretched out jock strap the end of little league season.
dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Jun. 24, 2014 at 9:23 AM
1 mom liked this

From what I have read the family had 11 pit bulls and the child was attacked by one or more. The family is on State aide so the state is paying for the treatments BUT I am guessing it isnt enough because we know medicade pays for so much. The family swears they ask for nothing but has a Gomefund and collected over $135,000 and other sites and doctors are donating money, time and offered to do the surgeries.

Dont get me wrong I am sorry for the child and wish her the best, BUT how many children get attacked by dogs daily and they have to live with the scars? There is a child that is also 3 that lives down the street and she was attacked NOT by the families dog but while walking with her family. She has had many surgies and no one but the family is paying for her care.

KFC has NOT been able to find the grandmother or child on video and no reciept has been found either. KFC has called in a private company to investigate.

How many people said they would NOT go back to KFC because of this woman claim? She lied and used this innocent child for personal gain and in reality she just wanted the attention and ruin a fast food chain. Shame on her.

atlmom2
by Susie on Jun. 24, 2014 at 9:24 AM
1 mom liked this

Camera's don't lie.   Appears so many holes in the grandmothers's story.  I hope they get arrested for this hoax.  Sick of people trying to make money over fake stories.  Guess they were too dumb and didn't realize a full investigation would be performed. 

BL2010
by BL on Jun. 24, 2014 at 9:25 AM

This makes me more sick as I am finding out more about it. It was a family dog that bit the child? What happened to the dog?

Quoting dana63:

From what I have read the family had 11 pit bulls and the child was attacked by one or more. The family is on State aide so the state is paying for the treatments BUT I am guessing it isnt enough because we know medicade pays for so much. The family swears they ask for nothing but has a Gomefund and collected over $135,000 and other sites and doctors are donating money, time and offered to do the surgeries.

Dont get me wrong I am sorry for the child and wish her the best, BUT how many children get attacked by dogs daily and they have to live with the scars? There is a child that is also 3 that lives down the street and she was attacked NOT by the families dog but while walking with her family. She has had many surgies and no one but the family is paying for her care.

KFC has NOT been able to find the grandmother or child on video and no reciept has been found either. KFC has called in a private company to investigate.

How many people said they would NOT go back to KFC because of this woman claim? She lied and used this innocent child for personal gain and in reality she just wanted the attention and ruin a fast food chain. Shame on her.

atlmom2
by Susie on Jun. 24, 2014 at 9:26 AM
1 mom liked this

I read the KFC they claimed to be at was CLOSED!!  The others around there have no camera footage of them being there or ordering what they said.  It pisses me off they are already getting money from taxpayers for her medicaid insurance and they want more?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN