Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Do you notice

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2014 at 8:13 PM
  • 16 Replies
  • 256 Total Views
Do you notice your mother coming out in things you say or do with your children?
Thankfully I don't too much because she was an abusive woman. I want better for my son and am fighting to give it to him.
by on Jun. 26, 2014 at 8:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LadyAmaranth
by Amaranth on Jun. 26, 2014 at 8:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes, I do.

RoseWall
by RoseWall on Jun. 26, 2014 at 8:16 PM
1 mom liked this
Sometimes
samomama
by Ms. Fair Weather on Jun. 26, 2014 at 8:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Sometimes I do. But not so much, because me and DH have agreed on a certan parenting things...and they are different than my mom's.

lucky2Beeme
by Silver sister on Jun. 26, 2014 at 8:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes I think it happens to all of us. Most of the time it seems to be the things we dont like about mom. Once in awhile its something I did love about her. I try and have succeed for the most part to bury the bad and not let it into my parenting.

GMMC
by Angie's Shadow ;) on Jun. 26, 2014 at 8:22 PM
1 mom liked this

I am a bit shocked at times how much I do mirror my mother and father.

I would say that I somehow unconsciously adopted her "go ahead and see what happens" attitude. It used to bother me like crazy as a kid growing up. It felt like she didn't care when she would say, go ahead...jump of that cliff and see what happens!

It was a mind game!

Yet...from this I allow my children to make their own mistakes and fall down as needed. I do it from a point of love and I still don't know if that is what our mother meant by this saying all the time.

I would like to think so.

She did love us. 

1kidmomajm
by Kristy on Jun. 26, 2014 at 9:17 PM

Yes, some things. Mostly in the form of worrying about how things will go or what someone will think. But I am definitely breaking the chain on some other things. Open communication is most important to me.

wenuck
by Moonshine on Jun. 26, 2014 at 9:21 PM
1 mom liked this
I do with being anal on cleaning but I am by far not like her raising kids she wasn't horrible but she wasn't the best either. Makes me sad thinking about it *Sigh*
sometimesred
by Bump Queen! on Jun. 26, 2014 at 9:52 PM
2 moms liked this

Oh yes.  I find myself repeating things she said to me and that I swore I'd never say to my children.

ALolies
by Red Room Rebel on Jun. 26, 2014 at 10:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Same here....

Quoting wenuck: I am by far not like her raising kids she wasn't horrible but she wasn't the best either. Makes me sad thinking about it *Sigh*

girlfriendcj70
by Sister on Jun. 26, 2014 at 10:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Absolutely. I love the way my mom raised me

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)