Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Don't give into the haters

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2014 at 7:44 AM
  • 19 Replies
  • 444 Total Views
4 moms liked this

I was listening to this young man speak and he had so many words of wisdom. But one thing he was very clear on was his haters. He said he had many growing up and what he did was very cleaver. He said that a hater will try to make you weak, so he became stronger from their words (and their actions). IF they said he couldn't he only tried harder to succeed. He said his haters were more of a inspiration rather than a downer. He said he could have given up many times but he pushed forward because he would not ever allow anyone to push him to be behind.

I think this young man has the right attitude and wish everyone would become stronger from words of hate instead of weaker. When I have someone who gives me a negative comment (yes I have/had many) I just pushed harder to show them I could do it. Trust me when you stutter and have a speech impediment you are subject to a lot of verbal abuse and many days alone (or at least I was when I was a young child).

Don't allow the haters to win.. WIN the fight and fight to win!

Join us for coffee&support (_)3

by on Jun. 27, 2014 at 7:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cjs702006
by Buddah on Jun. 27, 2014 at 7:49 AM
1 mom liked this
I've tried to adopt the attitude not to let the haters win but have struggled with it at times. I have very low self esteem so I think that has a lot to do with how I react to thier negative words.
wildchild.com
by Rapunzel on Jun. 27, 2014 at 8:18 AM
I totally believe this. To be positive & only let the haters negative vibes make me stronger. I'm trying to teach my son the same. Now that he's getting older it's become so obvious he's different (he has moderate- severe autism). Kids & adults can be so cruel. Be strong & carry on!
tristansmom74
by Bronze sister on Jun. 27, 2014 at 8:25 AM
1 mom liked this

While its excellent in theory it is really hard to do.  There have been many times in life that I was doing something.. And doing it well.. Completely unaware that I shouldn't have been able to.  Someone comes along and innocently says "wow!  That's so hard!  How do you do that? I could never do that". And suddenly.. I can't do it.   Some weird psychological problem.  Even the slightest negativity and,y brain says "oh!  I didn't kow you couldn't do that.  Guess you can't"

NDADanceMom
by on Jun. 27, 2014 at 9:32 AM
1 mom liked this
I think people worry too much about what others think. I teach my kids that some people gossip, some lie, some are negative. It's not a reflection on the person they are talking about. It says more about the person spewing negativity.
Surround yourself with good people and pity the people that are not.
Carmen66
by Hot Latina on Jun. 27, 2014 at 10:04 AM
1 mom liked this
My attitute has always helped me with anyone, I deal with a lot of bs and my attitude stands behind me all the way.
samomama
by Ms. Fair Weather on Jun. 27, 2014 at 2:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Interesting! I had a similar conversation the other day with some colegues and with some experienced prfessors... It was interesting to hear how different personalities reacted different to judgment (I guess we were not talking about haters, but about people who judge you...). When I am judged.. I puch really hard to show I can do it. I even challenge myself. I see the judgment as a motivation to do better, to push me forward. One of the older professors, however, he works so much better when not judged.. He expressed great annoyance at the thought of working under such pressure and was never good at it. I guess a lot depends on the character ...

hau_siyoka
by Doll Baby on Jun. 27, 2014 at 3:51 PM
1 mom liked this

This is great advice Momma.  If more love was shared there would be a way to push the hate right out of them and have a growing chance for our children and theirs

1kidmomajm
by Kristy on Jun. 27, 2014 at 7:24 PM
1 mom liked this

My husband says you have to hate the haters. I say, look what it's doing to you. You are letting them win by being angry about them.

fern624
by Silver sister on Jun. 27, 2014 at 8:16 PM

I find that interesting thanks for sharing...

letstalk747
by Joyful on Jun. 27, 2014 at 9:15 PM

AMEN

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)