Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

I am usually more patient but...

Posted by on Jun. 28, 2014 at 12:51 AM
  • 24 Replies
  • 427 Total Views
4 moms liked this

Just needed to vent. Was going to write the local newspaper, but figured what good could it do. Probably be labeled as a child hater. Took son to see transformers. ( Man was it lllooooonnnngggggg) Sit in top row farest left. In walks late, after movie started, a family with 3 young kids. They have folks move in the top row to accomodate them so they can sit in the middle, there were other seats open lower but anyway....after about 5 minutes the youngest toddler starts whining. Loudly. Ok, been there did that, but generally at more age appropriate movies.....The mom takes the young child and I thought walked out with her. Instead, she stood at the foot of the stairs to watch the movie while her toddler proceeded to walk up and down the stairs the entire length of the movie, almost falling several times. Every so often the child would start yelling MO(M! MOM! At which point a slightly older sibling would be sent to the stairs to hush up her sister. DID I MENTION THIS MOVIE WAS LONG? OK, vent over. Feel slightly better. Good thing I was not "into" the movie.

I "get it" this toddler was BORED. A few times she actuallly laid down on the steps. What are some parents thinking?

by on Jun. 28, 2014 at 12:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sometimesred
by Bump Queen! on Jun. 28, 2014 at 1:02 AM
4 moms liked this

Case of parent not thinking.

GMMC
by Angie's Shadow ;) on Jun. 28, 2014 at 2:19 AM
3 moms liked this
These types of folks are all over the world. I am the type to address it directly and rather vocally in these type of situations. To the panic of my family. They hate it when I address public situations like this.

Oh well!
cjs702006
by Buddah on Jun. 28, 2014 at 6:42 AM
3 moms liked this
This is one teason I stopped going to movie theaters.
wildchild.com
by Rapunzel on Jun. 28, 2014 at 6:54 AM
3 moms liked this
I would've been nervous the whole time for the toddler. God forbid this child fell down the stairs. This mother should have gone for a walk & let everyone else enjoy the movie. Unfortunately she sounds like she really didn't care that she disrupted the whole movie. The world is full of them.
dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Jun. 28, 2014 at 7:17 AM
3 moms liked this

I am very patient but when I pay X amount of dollars for a movie plus popcorn and a water I want to be able to watch the movie. The last "mother/daughter date" my DD and I had was a few years back (I think it was Twilight, the 3rd one) and parents brought kids and I told my DD then I would wait for the movies to come out on DVD. All I heard was crying, talking loud, oh lets dont forget people talking on their phones and kids screaming they hated the movie.

I have a young child and she has gone to the movies once and it was a kids movie and my grandkids only one has been to two and it was also a kids movie. WE pick and chose what to take the kids to see. A adult type movie is not one I would try to fight with them on.

Maida265
by Spanking the Monkey on Jun. 28, 2014 at 7:23 AM
2 moms liked this

Yep...happens around here too...and it drives me nuts! Often if you go to management during the movie they will at least offer you free passes to return.

wenuck
by Moonshine on Jun. 28, 2014 at 8:21 AM
2 moms liked this
Yes Movies are way expensive I would of been losing my patience ugh parents!
Maime13
by Bronze sister on Jun. 28, 2014 at 8:31 AM
2 moms liked this

I feel your frustration, but I think the ship has sailed as far as recourse. You would have been best served complaining to theater management at the time. They could speak to the family and perhaps offer to refund their tickets or compel them to sit down or leave.

Lori942
by UMMMMM....... on Jun. 28, 2014 at 9:39 AM
2 moms liked this

We had this happen to us a few years back.  We went to a 1pm showing and it was practically empty except us a few other families.  One of the families were so loud through the whole movie which is so inconsiderate.  Anyway when I took DS out to use the restroom one of the employees must of over heard me complaining to DS about the noise and to my surprise we were given 4 free movie passes and a credit for a bucket of popcorn and 4 drinks. 

Quoting Maida265:

Yep...happens around here too...and it drives me nuts! Often if you go to management during the movie they will at least offer you free passes to return.

coolmommy2x
by Silver sister on Jun. 28, 2014 at 9:44 AM
1 mom liked this
I would've talked to the manager.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)