Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Packing question for everyone

Posted by on Jul. 3, 2014 at 8:17 AM
  • 26 Replies
  • 264 Total Views
1 mom liked this
We are going to sc leaving the 9th coming back around the
24th I do not wanna do much wash while we are their ( I will prob do
A ton when at my friends house on the 21st -24th
So how many bags would be way over packing ???
There are 5 of us 2 adults and three young people my husband always
Complains I way over pack
by on Jul. 3, 2014 at 8:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brooklynchic151
by Staten Island Psycho on Jul. 3, 2014 at 8:22 AM
1 mom liked this

lol  good question. i always over pack... so i dont know mich....6 will be too much????  not sure lol

ChellBell2013
by Beach Lover on Jul. 3, 2014 at 8:28 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting brooklynchic151:

lol  good question. i always over pack... so i dont know mich....6 will be too much????  not sure lol

I did pack the kids into zip lock bags so that they could pull
A zip lock out and there clothes would be right their :)
BL2010
by BL on Jul. 3, 2014 at 8:39 AM
2 moms liked this

I can't help with this, sorry. I've learned to pack a lot less and I do laundry as I hate coming home with tons of it to do.

Moms_Angels1960
by Husker Babe on Jul. 3, 2014 at 8:47 AM
1 mom liked this

I always think that too many clothes is the way to go you never know what you're going to need.I always pack an outfit for each day, plus enough socks and underwear for a week. If you can do laundry I would say pack 1/2 of what you need.

I always come home to doing a lot I never do laundry out. I am weird if we are visiting people I don't want to run up their bills if I can help it.

wildchild.com
by Rapunzel on Jul. 3, 2014 at 9:45 AM
I don't know sister I always over pack. I take everything except the kitchen sink Lol.
ALolies
by Red Room Rebel on Jul. 3, 2014 at 9:56 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm probably no help. I always take as little as I can get away with. I hate packing and I hate coming hone with tons of laundry. I always need a vacation after my vacation to rest up from vacation. Lol.
Mariagma3
by Wild Midwest Lady on Jul. 3, 2014 at 10:33 AM

I think I would pack one big suitcase for all the kids. Then, pack one bag, like a carry on type, or a backpack for each child. Pack a bunch of regular clothes and possibly a church outfit, if you go to church;  or think you might. Depending on their ages, lots of toys, or a tablet, to take in the car or plane. have fun!family car

atlmom2
by Susie on Jul. 3, 2014 at 10:41 AM

I would say 4 suitcases at the most.  How much do you usually pack?  I pay well.  Dh overpacks for vacations but packs well for business trips. 

Blue231
by Sister on Jul. 3, 2014 at 11:10 AM
I pack one casual outfit per day for each person. Then I pack one dressy outfit in case we decide to do something that is more formal for a day. I also pack several sets of PJ's, an extra outfit with long pants in case of a chilly evening, a jacket, tennis shoes, and sandals for each person.

The number of bags that takes depends on how tall my kids have grown. Now that my Ds is taller than me, he needs a full suitcase all to himself to fit everything.

We also pack separate bags for books, games, toys, or art projects depending on how much down time we will have on our vacation and the ages of our kids.
ChellBell2013
by Beach Lover on Jul. 3, 2014 at 2:11 PM
1 mom liked this

I think we are going to my friends on the way home for a few days so I will do all the wash there and be done with it !!!

Quoting BL2010:

I can't help with this, sorry. I've learned to pack a lot less and I do laundry as I hate coming home with tons of it to do.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)