Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Debate question:7/3

Posted by on Jul. 3, 2014 at 12:48 PM
  • 12 Replies
  • 152 Total Views

We have all heard about the man who left his 22 month old son in the car and the toddler died. Its been said that he and his wife was looking on the internet on how long it would take a child to die in a hot car (let me rephrase that it was for a dog but the investigators got the hint).

The man said he forgot the child, but yet took him to breakfast. Then went out and placed something in his car, I am guessing to see if the child was still breathing. How could this father look his poor son in the face and want him to die and yet have NO feelings of how this baby suffered his last hour of life?

For the life of me I dont know why parents who dont want their kids just dont do it the right way. Take the child to a fire station, DHS, or the hospital for that matter. Tell a family member that they cant handle it anymore and ask if they would take the child. What could be so bad that the parent didnt want this child? Why kill them? Would the parent rather spend the rest of their life in jail rather than face this child later in life and have to explain?

The mother of this young boy was also looking on the internet as well. I guess the father was the one who decided to do it. Should she be charged with murder as well?

Thoughts on these parents who are killing their children?

Join us for coffee&support (_)3

by on Jul. 3, 2014 at 12:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mznaye
by French Quarter Queen on Jul. 3, 2014 at 12:54 PM
I have not nice thoughts. I understand accidents but it sounds like he did this intentionally. I just don't know why would you take an innocent child's life. :-(
MentorMom1
by Gold sister on Jul. 3, 2014 at 12:58 PM

No clue. While we think we may know people's lives, we truly do not.

ALolies
by Red Room Rebel on Jul. 3, 2014 at 1:02 PM
1 mom liked this

I would think he should be charged no matter what! No one should EVER "forget" they have a child with them.
But under the circumstances I do think they should BOTH be charged.

Instead of spending the rest of their lives in prison, I think they should both be paced in a car on a day that the temps are 3 digits and left until they die! 

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Jul. 3, 2014 at 1:18 PM

This man knew he wanted to kill his child. My question still remains, did he leave his car where no one walked by it OR did people walk by and do nothing?

This was NO accident he knew what he was doing.

Carmen66
by Hot Latina on Jul. 3, 2014 at 1:22 PM
1 mom liked this

I SAY FRY THEIR ASSES...

Bleacheddecay
by Gold Sister -lp on Jul. 3, 2014 at 1:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Frankly I don't understand the accidents either. I am always thinking about my kids.

People like this should just be taken out back and shot in the head. That poor child.

baconbits
by Bronze sister on Jul. 3, 2014 at 1:51 PM

This man knew what he was doing and so did his wife. If you don't want your child you always have the option to turn them over to CPS. I think this way people are looking for the sympthy factor. Think GOFUNDME. After all the parents would need money to help with the funeral for the tragic loss of their young child and if the police hadn't smelled a rat I'm willing to bet they'd have one up there and have raised a huge sum of $ by now.

Khanfan
by Apple Dapple on Jul. 3, 2014 at 2:02 PM

I had not heard about this. I'm disgusted. I want to trap the parents in a black car in Yuma, AZ in August!! or Phoenix would be good and hot. 

Yes I think she should be tried for murder.

Mariagma3
by Wild Midwest Lady on Jul. 3, 2014 at 2:10 PM

I think they BOTH should be charged!!! IMO, show NO mercy. They showed NONE to their own child. It reminds me a little bit of Susan Smith. Ugghh!

BL2010
by Snookims on Jul. 3, 2014 at 2:23 PM

I have no idea why parents do some of the things they do. But to go this far is just so heartbreaking and sick. Like you said, if they don't want the child, then give them up and let someone love them the way they should be.

As for punishment... Both husband and wife should be charged with murder. I say put them in a car on a hot day and let them suffer just like their child. It might take a little longer but that's ok. Let it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)