Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Help Please! I am looking for a plus size maxi dress to wear for these hot, humid summer days.

Posted by on Jul. 3, 2014 at 2:53 PM
  • 9 Replies
  • 164 Total Views

Hello Ladies,

I am a plus size (2X) lady looking for a maxi dress that will not make me look larger than I already am. Many places have this dresses with stripes that go horizontally that just make me look bigger! 

Do you have any suggestions on where to find one that will look nice for casual wear that won't break the bank?

by on Jul. 3, 2014 at 2:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
BL2010
by BL on Jul. 3, 2014 at 3:00 PM

Have you tried Lane Bryant? My sister like to shop there and sometimes she gets good deals.

Moms_Angels1960
by Husker Babe on Jul. 3, 2014 at 3:04 PM
1 mom liked this

I have no idea when I was looking about a year and a half ago everything I tried on I thought made me look fatter. Lane Bryant, like BL said is a good place, do you have Old Navy where you are how about any stores in your mall? JC Penney has some cute stuff.

NDADanceMom
by on Jul. 3, 2014 at 4:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Shop torrid on line! They have great deals. I also have found dresses at Catherine's and nordstrom rack that I like.
ChellBell2013
by Beach Lover on Jul. 3, 2014 at 4:59 PM
Have u checked jcpenny online
nussknacker
by Nutlady on Jul. 4, 2014 at 12:01 AM
1 mom liked this

Heres another idea..Women within. Its all plus sizes. AND they are actual true to size like plus sizes.

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Jul. 4, 2014 at 6:25 AM
1 mom liked this

I found one that I love at (believe it or not) Dollar General. They had them on sale for $5 and had some really pretty ones. I also got one when I got ask to do a promotion for Dressbarn and love it as well..

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Jul. 4, 2014 at 6:26 AM

I want to add they both have plus sizes...

Quoting dana63:

I found one that I love at (believe it or not) Dollar General. They had them on sale for $5 and had some really pretty ones. I also got one when I got ask to do a promotion for Dressbarn and love it as well..

Join us for coffee&support (_)3

Snowl
by Snowl :) on Jul. 4, 2014 at 9:15 PM

Thanks Ladies!

I will let you know when I find one.

Maida265
by Spanking the Monkey on Jul. 5, 2014 at 6:19 AM

I love Pyramid Collections. They have some really nice looking stuff and can be purchased in plus sizes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)