Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

WEll, crap.

Posted by on Jul. 9, 2014 at 12:51 AM
  • 13 Replies
  • 180 Total Views
1 mom liked this

I decided to make ice cream today, had everything in the ice cream maker and the motor froze. At least my dog got an indulgent treat, I just poured the ice cream mix in her food pan. $20 gone. Next time I will check the motor first. Dont you just hate it when you think you are gonna make something and it fails? I recall thinking I would take the easy way out and use my propane grill on a tri tip. The bottle ran out,, I ended up with a real fire. But you cant do that with ice cream. *sigh*.

by on Jul. 9, 2014 at 12:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GMMC
by Angie's Shadow ;) on Jul. 9, 2014 at 1:36 AM
1 mom liked this
ROTFLMAO!

Yup!

That sort of things bugs me too♡
GMMC
by Angie's Shadow ;) on Jul. 9, 2014 at 1:37 AM
2 moms liked this
Oh and then my one son would say to me, "first world problems!"

And how do you answer to that!
Manth
by Manth on Jul. 9, 2014 at 2:40 AM
2 moms liked this

You COULD have put the mix in a freezer-safe pan in the freezer.  Go back every half-hour and beat it vigourously (you can use an electric mixer to do this, or just a whisk or spatula) to break up the ice crystals.  After 2 - 3 hours, you will have a pan of ice cream.  It won't be as smooth as the mix worked in the ice cream maker but it would still have been yummy home-made ice cream.

Maida265
by Spanking the Monkey on Jul. 9, 2014 at 5:49 AM
2 moms liked this

As most know..I am NOT a cook, so you can only imagine how often I screw things up or begin to make something only to discover I'm missing a major ingredient.

I feel for ya honey....I really do.

brooklynchic151
by Staten Island Psycho on Jul. 9, 2014 at 6:40 AM
2 moms liked this

hate that.. sorry momma...

wenuck
by Moonshine on Jul. 9, 2014 at 6:42 AM
2 moms liked this
Yes a bummer for sure!!! The grill is what gets me especially when you are looking forward to a grilled meal lol!!
BL2010
by Snookims on Jul. 9, 2014 at 8:26 AM
1 mom liked this

Well, at least the dog got to enjoy it.

Moms_Angels1960
by Husker Babe on Jul. 9, 2014 at 8:30 AM

Yep, I hate wasting money that sucks.

Moms_Angels1960
by Husker Babe on Jul. 9, 2014 at 8:30 AM

Quoting Manth:

You COULD have put the mix in a freezer-safe pan in the freezer.  Go back every half-hour and beat it vigourously (you can use an electric mixer to do this, or just a whisk or spatula) to break up the ice crystals.  After 2 - 3 hours, you will have a pan of ice cream.  It won't be as smooth as the mix worked in the ice cream maker but it would still have been yummy home-made ice cream.

Good advice

nussknacker
by Nutlady on Jul. 10, 2014 at 12:13 AM

I thought about doing something like this....but I was making 1 1/2 gallons. Yeah, I have a huge ice cream maker. PLus I didnt have room in my freezer. Bummer. But thanks, I will remember this! I coulda saved some of it anyway!

Quoting Manth:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)