Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

uses for vinegar

Posted by on Jul. 9, 2014 at 10:01 PM
  • 12 Replies
  • 129 Total Views
1 mom liked this
With my Sun burn post, a lot of people started asking what else vinegar is good for. So here goes, I use it for cleaning. It is also used for sunburns, athletes feet, dandruff, acne, itching, help quit smoking, blood pressure, cancer, stop bloody noses. Digestion issues, yeast infections , diapers rash, but water down for the last two. Anything you can add to this list. I forgot headaches.
by on Jul. 9, 2014 at 10:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucky2Beeme
by Silver sister on Jul. 9, 2014 at 10:14 PM
5 moms liked this

I use it to clean coffee maker, dishwasher, washing machine. I use 1/2 cup with my whites to keep them super white. I put it in with my towles to break down the dryer sheet build up. I sue it on my Pergo floors ~~ no streaks and isnt not slippery after. I use in the first time I wash dark colored clothing. I prevents them from bleeding and stops them from fading.

nussknacker
by Nutlady on Jul. 9, 2014 at 11:57 PM

Have heard of so many uses for vinegar, but I can not tolerate the smell myself. Darn.

BL2010
by BL on Jul. 10, 2014 at 8:54 AM

Good info. Thanks

Moms_Angels1960
by Husker Babe on Jul. 10, 2014 at 8:56 AM

Yes, I'll be back I love vinegar I have some uses as well.

Moms_Angels1960
by Husker Babe on Jul. 10, 2014 at 8:59 AM

Homemade Weed Killer Here is what you will need: 1 gallon of white vinegar 1/2 cup salt Liquid dish soap (any brand) Empty spray bottle Put salt in the empty spray bottle and fill it the rest of the way up with white vinegar. Add a squirt of liquid dish soap. This solution works best if you use it on a hot day. Spray it on the weeds in the morning, and as it heats up it will do its work.

Moms_Angels1960
by Husker Babe on Jul. 10, 2014 at 9:01 AM
cleaning brushes in a bucket of vinegar
    Soak gunked-up nylon brushes in hot vinegar for up to 30 minutes to remove paint and soften the bristles. Afterward, wash them in hot, soapy water, brushing off paint as needed, then rinse and let dry—good as new.
Moms_Angels1960
by Husker Babe on Jul. 10, 2014 at 9:01 AM
spraying vinegar on the wall

• Using a sponge or spray bottle, saturate wallpaper with a solution of equal parts vinegar and water. Let stand for several minutes, then start scraping. The paper should come off easily.
Moms_Angels1960
by Husker Babe on Jul. 10, 2014 at 9:02 AM
dipping a shower head into a plastic bag filled with vinegar

• Pour ½ cup of warm vinegar into a resealable plastic bag. Drop in the showerhead, making sure the holes are submerged, and seal the bag. Let sit for 1 hour. Rinse and wipe clean, then reattach.
Moms_Angels1960
by Husker Babe on Jul. 10, 2014 at 9:03 AM
cleaning sticker off a hard surface

• Dab vinegar onto stubborn price tags and stickers affixed to glass, plastic, or wood. Scrape the surface clean, then rub the area with more vinegar to remove any sticky residue.
BL2010
by BL on Jul. 10, 2014 at 9:09 AM
1 mom liked this

This is great to know! Thanks

Quoting Moms_Angels1960:
cleaning sticker off a hard surface
  • Dab vinegar onto stubborn price tags and stickers affixed to glass, plastic, or wood. Scrape the surface clean, then rub the area with more vinegar to remove any sticky residue.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)