Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Hungry Mom Kitchen Makes WHAT For Sunday Brunch?

Posted by on Jul. 13, 2014 at 3:31 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 78 Total Views

KALE FRITTERS!!

Kale is in season and super healthy. We love it!

Photo: How about some KALE FRITTERS? It's in season and super healthy. I came up with a recipe for Sunday brunch. Worked great on the first try: Sautee in 1-2 TBS olive oil: 1/2 cup chopped onion, 2 cloves garlic, and 1-2 mushrooms, if desired. Set aside. De-vein two cups of raw flat-leaf kale and blend in food processor or blender with 2 eggs. (Do not completely liquify - you want small pieces of kale.) Pour into a mixing bowl with sauteed veggies. Add 2 TBS melted butter and 1/2 C shredded zucchini. Mix well. Add 1/2 C brown rice flour, 1/4 tsp. sea salt, 1/4 tsp. xanthan gum, 1/2 tsp. baking powder. I threw in 2 TBS feta cheese - but you can leave this out. The batter will be slightly thick. Cook in heavy skillet over medium heat in a small amount of oil. Brown each side, turning once. when done, a toothpick should come out clean. Yields about 9 three-inch fritters.

I came up with this recipe for Sunday brunch. Worked great on the first try:

Sautee in 1-2 TBS olive oil: 1/2 cup chopped onion, 2 cloves garlic, and 1-2 mushrooms, if desired. Set aside.

De-vein two cups of raw flat-leaf kale and blend in food processor or blender with 2 eggs. (Do not completely liquify - you want small pieces of kale.)

Pour into a mixing bowl with sauteed veggies. Add 2 TBS melted butter and 1/2 C shredded zucchini. Mix well.

Add 1/2 C brown rice flour, 1/4 tsp. sea salt, 1/4 tsp. xanthan gum, 1/2 tsp. baking powder. I threw in 2 TBS feta cheese - but you can leave this out.

The batter will be slightly thick. Cook in heavy skillet over medium heat in a small amount of oil. Brown each side, turning once. when done, a toothpick should come out clean. Yields about 9 three-inch fritters.

by on Jul. 13, 2014 at 3:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
ALolies
by Red Room Rebel on Jul. 13, 2014 at 4:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Look yummy. Thanks for sharing..

wenuck
by Moonshine on Jul. 13, 2014 at 5:43 PM
1 mom liked this
Sounds good =)
wildchild.com
by Rapunzel on Jul. 13, 2014 at 5:46 PM
1 mom liked this
Mmmm sounds yummy & so healthy.
Moms_Angels1960
by Husker Babe on Jul. 13, 2014 at 5:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Sounds yummy Thanks for sharing

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)