Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

I am so sick of racist post!!

Posted by on Jul. 19, 2014 at 9:41 AM
  • 38 Replies
  • 496 Total Views
6 moms liked this

I am tired of reading them and seeing them.. We all have people from all race that do good, bad and even terrible. We have those who hate seeing bi racial couples or thinking that their race should stick to together.

Join hands and see that we are cut from the same cloth......

This is a true story, I hope after you read it you will know that we are all human no matter our color.

A white man was racist. This man was in an accident and was told that he could die because he lost a lot of blood.He told the doctors to make sure that since he had to have blood it come from a white person. His blood type was rare and only a black woman was able to donate blood to him. He was given the choice to live or die and this man said "let me die" the doctors were upset because as we all know they are there to save lives. Well the man died but before he did the woman went to him and said " Sir, I might have dark skin but I am human. IF you cut me I will bleed red just like you." she then cut her finger and placed the blood on her donors card and said "see, its red just like yours."

The moral of the story we are all humans you cut us we bleed the same color...

Join us for coffee&support (_)3

by on Jul. 19, 2014 at 9:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Carmen66
by Hot Latina on Jul. 19, 2014 at 9:45 AM
1 mom liked this
Unfortunately that will never go away, we live through it everyday. As a mother of a mixed child, African american and puertorican sometimes you have to listen to the ignorance that people were raised with. My daughter defends herself very well and she let's them know.
wenuck
by Moonshine on Jul. 19, 2014 at 9:52 AM
1 mom liked this
Grrrr!! Sad!!
MomTiara19
by Sister on Jul. 19, 2014 at 9:53 AM
1 mom liked this

I am sick of seeing racist posts too.

I am black and my husband is white.We have two beautiful kids.A wonderful multicultural family and friends of all races.

I must say that this story is very sad.This man would rather die than get blood to live.The funny thing is that when this man dies he leaves his white skin behind in the casket.God does not care what color we are.No one gets a free pass into heaven because of their race.What a racist idiot..lol..

Maida265
by Spanking the Monkey on Jul. 19, 2014 at 9:55 AM
1 mom liked this

We have adopted children of different races and although our immediate community is very good about such things when we travel we also notice and hear the comments. It's disgusting...these are CHILDREN and should never be ashamed of who they are based on color.

Mariagma3
by Wild Midwest Lady on Jul. 19, 2014 at 10:35 AM
1 mom liked this

That man is a fool! My family is mixed with African-Americans, Filipinos, Polish. So, for me, race is NOT an issue. If I like or love you, there is a reason why.  I do care for most of the people in my life. Everyone bleeds the same color!

ALolies
by Red Room Rebel on Jul. 19, 2014 at 10:36 AM

It is sad that children hear such nagativity. Children should be loved and skin color should make no difference. 

Same for adults, skin color is just that. People should not be treated differently because of race.

Quoting Maida265:

We have adopted children of different races and although our immediate community is very good about such things when we travel we also notice and hear the comments. It's disgusting...these are CHILDREN and should never be ashamed of who they are based on color.

ALolies

opinionatedmom
by Gold sister on Jul. 19, 2014 at 10:42 AM
2 moms liked this
His loss , ourgain. The blood will go to a person with s heart
Maida265
by Spanking the Monkey on Jul. 19, 2014 at 10:46 AM
2 moms liked this

I agree Angie. We tend to get our fair share of stares and snarles on a whole simply because people can't understand why we would adopt not only a child from foster care...but those that are of a different race and developmentally challenged too.

One of the BEST feelings I ever had was when our Gracie (who really is quite simple but in the VERY best way) got the last laugh on a family who were poking fun of us while in a restaurant. They were pointing and snickering and the parents were making comments like "If you don't straighten out, you'll go live with them." We tend to just ignore them while our oldest dd gets highly upset and usually says something back. But our little Gracie who loves everyone showed us how it should be done. When the family got up to leave and had to walk past us...she beamed her big beautiful smile and said, "Bye....see ya later." They just huffed out because God forbid anyone think they actually KNEW us! We never laughed SO hard!!!!

Quoting ALolies:

It is sad that children hear such nagativity. Children should be loved and skin color should make no difference. 

Same for adults, skin color is just that. People should not be treated differently because of race.

Quoting Maida265:

Walking next to you each step of the way. ((hugs))

Mznaye
by French Quarter Queen on Jul. 19, 2014 at 10:47 AM
1 mom liked this
It is sad that racism exist. Our family treats everyone the same
doodlepuss
by Platinum sister on Jul. 19, 2014 at 10:47 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree with Carmen.  It truly is sad.  I've had very close friends of all races and have studied the cultures of many different countries and the one thing I've learned......people are just people.  No matter the color or creed--there are good ones and bad ones, clean and dirty, sweet and mean.  Why we all can't realize that...I just don't know.   I try to get to know the nice ones and avoid the a**holes that are inevitable in any group of people.

Maybe it would be better if the world were more like an online site--where you don't really see the others and you get to know them just on their merits alone.  But then it would be hard to get anything done--lol--just a silly thought.

Quoting Carmen66: Unfortunately that will never go away, we live through it everyday. As a mother of a mixed child, African american and puertorican sometimes you have to listen to the ignorance that people were raised with. My daughter defends herself very well and she let's them know.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)