Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

bar scene

Posted by on Jul. 19, 2014 at 12:46 PM
  • 34 Replies
  • 451 Total Views
Lonely and bored. Thinking of going out alone to enjoy a drink and bite. What can I expect if I show up alone. Any tips or advice for how all this works?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 19, 2014 at 12:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Maida265
by Spanking the Monkey on Jul. 19, 2014 at 12:49 PM

Welcome to 40ish! I'm Vickey and although I've given up the bar scene a long time ago I think some of the same rules still apply. You can expect the local drunk to seek you out and ask you to dance...you can also expect a few of those wanting to be playfully funny to try to hit on you. There will also be the one guy who sits across the room who stares at you giving you the hee-bee gee-bees but there is at least one other man who may be in a place like you and want to be friends...make conversation and have fun. Just be on your toes and sort out the schmucks and be safe!

SeanandNoahsmom
by Manning Fan on Jul. 19, 2014 at 1:02 PM

Welcome to 40ish and beyond!

I never did the bar scene, but I frequently go out for a bite alone. it is very commonplace, and i think nothing of it. I like Vickey's advice.

wenuck
by Moonshine on Jul. 19, 2014 at 1:04 PM
3 moms liked this

Welcome!! I'm Wendy I'm sorry you are bored it sucks! Its been awhile since I've been to the bar but I agree with Vickey just keep on your toes and I'm not sure how well you are in reading people out but just be wise and look for them red Flags. As I tell my Oldest never take a drink from anybody unless it is ordered in front of your face and made in front of you Lol! HUGS!!!

Maida265
by Spanking the Monkey on Jul. 19, 2014 at 1:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh my goodness YES!!!!!!!!!!! I'd almost forgotten that!!!

Quoting wenuck:

Welcome!! I'm Wendy I'm sorry you are bored it sucks! Its been awhile since I've been to the bar but I agree with Vickey just keep on your toes and I'm not sure how well you are in reading people out but just be wise and look for them red Flags. As I tell my Oldest never take a drink from anybody unless it is ordered in front of your face and made in front of you Lol! HUGS!!!

Walking next to you each step of the way. ((hugs))

wenuck
by Moonshine on Jul. 19, 2014 at 1:20 PM
This is another of my biggest fear when my oldest goes out!!!! No matter how old anybody is I tell my girlfriends too!!

Quoting Maida265:

Oh my goodness YES!!!!!!!!!!! I'd almost forgotten that!!!

Quoting wenuck:

ycnim
by Sister on Jul. 19, 2014 at 1:23 PM
1 mom liked this
I thought I would start simple like go to Jonathan's Grill and sit at bar. But def don't want to invite all the weirdos to hit on me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wildchild.com
by Rapunzel on Jul. 19, 2014 at 1:24 PM
1 mom liked this
Welcome to 40ish! I'm divorced, I've been where your at. Honestly I've never liked the bar scene. I met a really nice guy on line. If you do go on line just be careful. Always meet during the day & in public & don't give out your address until your sure this is someone you want to hang out with. Good luck! Let us know how it goesâ˜ș
sometimesred
by Bump Queen! on Jul. 19, 2014 at 1:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Never did the bar scene as a single.  Depends on the bar, I suppose.  Either you get hit on and some free drinks or your don't.

ycnim
by Sister on Jul. 19, 2014 at 1:24 PM
Also... any recommendations for drinks? I like rum.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ycnim
by Sister on Jul. 19, 2014 at 1:28 PM
40 and so lonely
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN