Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Someone is knocking on the door

Posted by on Jul. 20, 2014 at 12:14 AM
  • 8 Replies
  • 136 Total Views

Poll

Question: Do you mind if guests just show up out of the blue?

Options:

Not at all! Love unexpected company!

Umm..yeah, Would like some warning...

Dont care either way

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 13

View Results

My husband thinks there is nothing wrong with just showing up anywhere on whim. I , on the other hand would like warning if someone is coming over. We do come from different cultures. Is it just me? I mean, if I was going to someones house, I would call ahead of time, say I am in the area, and would like to  stop by, would that be ok?

by on Jul. 20, 2014 at 12:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
wenuck
by Moonshine on Jul. 20, 2014 at 12:25 AM
My hubby does this he just tells people "Sure pop over or in whenever" where I'm like you would like to have a heads up.
nussknacker
by Nutlady on Jul. 20, 2014 at 12:30 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes!  Like someone will tell my husband come over anytime, and that coulda been 9 years ago, and he takes it literally.

Quoting wenuck: My hubby does this he just tells people "Sure pop over or in whenever" where I'm like you would like to have a heads up.

ravenseeyore
by Gee on Jul. 20, 2014 at 2:41 AM

I really prefer to have some kind of heads-up.  The last friend that decided to just drop by got angry because we were unable to sit and visit with them.  We were on our way out the door to a Dr appt that had been made 3 months in advance.  And she could not understand that it was not possible to call and reschedule.

wildchild.com
by Rapunzel on Jul. 20, 2014 at 6:29 AM
I would prefer a heads up.
dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Jul. 20, 2014 at 7:45 AM
1 mom liked this

If I am going to family I just show up BUT if I am going to a friends home I call in advance.

LadyAmaranth
by Amaranth on Jul. 20, 2014 at 8:02 AM

Rarely get unexpected company.

I kinda don't care either way. I think we prefer notice cuz we can tidy up. 

My quirk comes in that I'm ok if people pop by but I won't do that to others, especially non relatives. 

Maida265
by Spanking the Monkey on Jul. 20, 2014 at 8:15 AM

For the most part I think it's courteous to let someone know you are coming. Close family is different. My door is ALWAYS open to anyone, at any time, but I do like a bit of a warning.

nussknacker
by Nutlady on Jul. 20, 2014 at 3:21 PM

So...it doesnt bother any of you at all if your say, mother just walked through the door, unannounced? OK, I will admit we are v.e.r.y. estranged since my sons death......VERY. But it drives me crazy when she just shows up and walks in without so much as knocking first.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)