Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

I saw a gang of teenagers yesterday............

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 7:04 AM
  • 12 Replies
  • 130 Total Views

That was outside playing... YES they were on bikes and skateboards having a blast. They didn't have a phone duct tape to their ears or a video game. No TV and the best part was they were laughing and being kids.

For those who are rolling your eyes at this post might see teenagers outdoors playing BUT when it is 100 degrees heat index most are NOT outdoors.  Plus it is rare to see more than 3 (there was about 10 kids) teenagers outside playing. You see them walking to the store or to a friends BUT not biking and running with skateboards.

Do you see teenagers out playing?

Join us for coffee&support (_)3

by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 7:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Carmen66
by Hot Latina on Jul. 23, 2014 at 7:11 AM
Yes, we have a lot of kids in my neighborhood riding bikes and skateboards being kids.
wenuck
by Moonshine on Jul. 23, 2014 at 7:13 AM

Yes where I live My Neighbors are all spread apart and I do see the teenagers out playing throwing football or basketball. And the little ones running around with dogs.

doodlepuss
by Platinum sister on Jul. 23, 2014 at 7:15 AM
1 mom liked this
Just goes to show you that they are still kids at that age. I never see kids that age out playing like that. You're like some sort of wildlife photographer who lucked out and witnessed some unusual behavior in a species! LOL!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brooklynchic151
by Suzi Q on Jul. 23, 2014 at 7:30 AM
1 mom liked this

are you kidding,  those days are over for   alot of kids....   sad.... when we were kids we couldnt wait to go out and hang out and play ball, rollerskate,jump rope all that good stuff...  today the kids have 100 video games and stay in front of a screen all day....

Mariagma3
by Wild Midwest Lady on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:03 AM

Oh yeah! I see alot of teens just being kids, having fun. :)

Lori942
by UMMMMM....... on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:08 AM

Sometimes I see them but not often. 
My ds is 19 and his friends were all over here (the usual hang out place) and they actually got their butts off the couch went to the store and bought water balloons and had a water ballon fight in our backyard.  It was nice to see them do something else besides messing with their iphones/ipods and watching TV!

Tracys2
by Bronze sister on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:27 AM

We do, between sports seasons, all the kids in the cul-de-sac are outside. Quite a few are in the 12-16 age range, and they will scooter/bike/throw a football around with the rest of them. Probably less so when they turn 16 and can drive/work, but ours are mostly younger teens.

ALolies
by Red Room Rebel on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:33 AM

Usually we see two or three when we go to the park. But rarely a "gang" of them in the hot weather. I do like seeing kids out riding and playing rather than sitiing indoors playing video games....

MrsJHoward
by Pageant Mom on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:01 AM
We live by a park and every evening they play basketball. And there is usually a large group watching as well.
BL2010
by BL on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:39 AM

Wow, they were actually doing something other than playing online! I am shocked!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN