Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Personality, looks or just because...

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2014 at 7:58 AM
  • 22 Replies
  • 212 Total Views

I was talking to a friend and she said that if a person has looks they get whatever they want. I told her that I disagree because some might not have the look but the personality or a great attitude. 

I told her I wasnt the prettiest thing out there but my personality and attitude might get me a little more than some. She said that people do talk more to me and notice me and I said it was because I talk to them. 

So do people with looks gain more attention than others? Thoughts~ 

Join us for coffee&support (_)3

by on Jul. 24, 2014 at 7:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brooklynchic151
by Suzi Q on Jul. 24, 2014 at 8:14 AM

well ithink that looks dont get you everything you  want.. i think self confidence and an outgoing personality will draw people in....

BL2010
by BL on Jul. 24, 2014 at 8:31 AM

I think it all depends on the circumstance and where you happen to be. I'd like to think that it's not just looks that get people anywhere.

Moms_Angels1960
by Husker Babe on Jul. 24, 2014 at 8:38 AM
1 mom liked this

I think certain people who have the look would get somewhere and everything they want, but not always those people seem to have confidence though as well.

I think the more confidence and great attitude will get you a lot further in life.

Mariagma3
by Wild Midwest Lady on Jul. 24, 2014 at 8:42 AM

Looks mean nothing to me, if there is not a good personality involved. Having confidence and a nice attitude go a long ways, also!

navyjen
by Bronze sister on Jul. 24, 2014 at 8:49 AM
1 mom liked this

Looks will get you attention at first but if you don't have the brains or personality to back it up that attention will be short lived.   That's always been my philosophy.  

MrsJHoward
by Pageant Mom on Jul. 24, 2014 at 9:00 AM
What she said. If you're ugly on the inside it will shine through.

Quoting navyjen:

Looks will get you attention at first but if you don't have the brains or personality to back it up that attention will be short lived.   That's always been my philosophy.  

MrsJHoward
by Pageant Mom on Jul. 24, 2014 at 9:00 AM
What she said. If you're ugly on the inside it will shine through.

Quoting navyjen:

wildchild.com
by Janine on Jul. 24, 2014 at 9:03 AM
I don't agree with your friend, it's not all about looks. I think attitude & confidence has alot to do with it.
booscomputer
by Sister on Jul. 24, 2014 at 10:20 AM

I think first impressions mean a lot -- your looks are your very first impression.  In addition, since good looking people get lots of compliments, they also have a lot of confidence -- this probably covers the second impression.  After that, if they have no personality or are not very nice then ...

Lori942
by UMMMMM....... on Jul. 24, 2014 at 10:23 AM

I use to work with a lot of men and there was this one guy who yes he was good looking but once he opened his mouth all those good looks seem to disappear.  So for me it's all about the personality!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN