Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Walking away from the corner to come say hi to the cool kids

Posted by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 1:31 AM
  • 26 Replies
  • 293 Total Views
1 mom liked this

simple smileHi, not sure I'm doing this "right" but I am new to the group (ok I confess to lurking for awhile) and wanted to introduce myself.  Don't know how private this is or isn't so I'll just say for now that I'm more like 50ish with four kids, age range 23 to 13 and a husband.  I work for myself as a divorce attorney.   Ummmm....why does this feel like approaching the "in crowd" in junior high?  Oh well, hi everyone....

by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 1:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GMMC
by Angie's Shadow ;) on Jul. 27, 2014 at 2:20 AM
1 mom liked this

hahahaha...

This made me "giggle"...

Hi...and Welcome!

I am Giselle and it is nice to meet you...!

I know exactly how it feels to drop in a group...still awkward isn't it...even at our age type of thing!

I think you are going to be just fine here...and I am still giggling...

Thank you so much for the honesty because when I joined not even that long ago this is exactly how I felt as well!

Hope you stick around and I look forward to getting to know you! 

GMMC
by Angie's Shadow ;) on Jul. 27, 2014 at 2:24 AM

Oh...I meant to offer that I am usually on very late in here and sometimes it feels very "alone"...

I have a type 1 diabetic kid that requires 24/7 check up's and I do the over night shift and hubby does the day shift...so I am a bit backward at times with my participation...but it all depends!

Ok...that is all and again...Welcome! 

HeartSongz
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 2:35 AM

Hi, your introduction made me smile too. I'm new to the group too and am also venturing into the 50-ish range. Welcome, and it's good to meet you. :)

wenuck
by Moonshine on Jul. 27, 2014 at 8:04 AM

Welcome glad you finally stepped in =) I'm Wendy and I'm 42 with 6 Kids ranging from 26-3. Hop right in and have fun! 

wenuck
by Moonshine on Jul. 27, 2014 at 8:05 AM
1 mom liked this

Welcome!!! 

Quoting HeartSongz:

Hi, your introduction made me smile too. I'm new to the group too and am also venturing into the 50-ish range. Welcome, and it's good to meet you. :)

Manth
by Manth on Jul. 27, 2014 at 9:04 AM

G'day and welcome!  I'm Aramanth from Australia - call me Manth, most people do.  I'm 50, married to my best friend for the past 21 1/2 years and Mum to two amazing University Student daughters.  

Glad you got the courage to stand up and introduce yourself!  I'm hoping we'll see much more of you in the forum now!

Lori942
by UMMMMM....... on Jul. 27, 2014 at 9:11 AM

Hi, Welcome and so glad you joined us.  I'm Lori, I have 2 teen boys and married for almost 23 years.  Look forward to getting to know you.
Oh and your introduction made me smile:)

Fayanne
by Fay on Jul. 27, 2014 at 9:21 AM

hi and welcome

i am actually 50ish myself

sahlady
by It's a jen.thing :) on Jul. 27, 2014 at 9:45 AM
2 moms liked this
Wait... You mean we are the cool kids?!?!

Woo hoo... I'm cool!!!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coolmommy2x
by Silver sister on Jul. 27, 2014 at 10:01 AM
I considered myself 40ish but thanks to your post, I guess I'm really 50ish. Welcome!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN