Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Do you think there should be a limit?

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 3:17 AM
  • 20 Replies
  • 187 Total Views
2 moms liked this

So, I decided to take my younger two kids to Monterey. Specifically to the aquarium. I had been there over a decade ago with my older children and it was awesome. Anyone that has gone there knows it is very expensive. But I am not complaining about the price, it IS an awesome aquarium. I am complaining about the amount of people there were. We really couldnt see many exhibits, I dont know how to explain this any better then to say the folks were " Packed in like sardines". ( That seems appropriate, huh!) So many human beings packed into a controlled space, I was literally gasping for air.

I mentioned the limiting visitors, and as soon as I said it to my daughter I knew she would say, well then, we would not have been allowed entry. TRUE, that. I had looked it up online before going...wow $40 for an adult.....or anyone older then 12 .......ok, it is a fair price, BUT. Here is the BUT. It was an 8 hour drive round trip.

Had I read something like "warning", in July it is packed to beyond capacity, I would have saved the trip for say, January. My son wanted to touch all the sea life that could be touched, but the crowds would not allow that. It was INSANE crazy overpacked with folks. I lost him three times in an eye blink..and finally just hung on to his shirt to his chagrin. I was like dude, if I loose you, I will never find you again.

Well, glad that they made lots of money today for their fab endeavors......but again, IF i woulda known it was gonna be that mad, I would have waited.

Your thoughts?

by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 3:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nussknacker
by Nutlady on Jul. 30, 2014 at 3:20 AM

As in, for the four of us it was $145 for the entry...........I think we only got about $35 in experience...

nussknacker
by Nutlady on Jul. 30, 2014 at 3:21 AM

Or am I just stupid and naieve...to think there would not be so many folks on a tuesday...

PogoPalOj
by Sister on Jul. 30, 2014 at 4:58 AM

Ar Ar Ar... Love the pun!  I agree with you completely.  I hate over crowded places, especially with my grandchildren.  And to think, I bitch about the five hour drive to see my mom.  Eight hours...wow.

Maida265
by Spanking the Monkey on Jul. 30, 2014 at 5:21 AM

While I agree with the thought of limiting to give patrons the best experience...I think it would be pretty hard unless they gave out tickets for a certain day AND time. However...what if you wanted to spend more time than you were allowed...would it be fair to allow you to stay? Or charge extra? Idk...I totally agree with you in that paying that price and not getting to see stuff is a risk and a waste as well as disappointing.

wenuck
by Moonshine on Jul. 30, 2014 at 6:21 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't think you are being petty that amount of money and drive people should get their money worth!! I would think they have a limit cause of fire situations but do people follow the rules? Now you know July is bad next time plan it in a different month Hugs!!
wildchild.com
by Rapunzel on Jul. 30, 2014 at 6:24 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree with you thats not fear. I think they should only let so many people in, move them along then let more people in & move them along. So in other words everyone gets to see & touch everything but there is a time limit. Then if you want to look again get back in line & go around again.
brooklynchic151
by Staten Island Psycho on Jul. 30, 2014 at 7:08 AM
1 mom liked this

ugh  for that price i would be annoyed..and so would my kids.. my kids would have been miserable,and make me miserable we would have left...

Mariagma3
by Wild Midwest Lady on Jul. 30, 2014 at 7:43 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting wildchild.com: I agree with you thats not fear. I think they should only let so many people in, move them along then let more people in & move them along. So in other words everyone gets to see & touch everything but there is a time limit. Then if you want to look again get back in line & go around again.

THIS! Thx Janine! :)

Fayanne
by Fay on Jul. 30, 2014 at 7:50 AM
1 mom liked this

I would think, for fire/safety reasons, the number of people in a limited space should be controlled.  Heaven forbid, if there was an emergency, you'd have people getting trampled.

Fayanne
by Fay on Jul. 30, 2014 at 7:51 AM

write a letter and calmly explain your experience and disappointment.

can't hurt

Quoting nussknacker:

As in, for the four of us it was $145 for the entry...........I think we only got about $35 in experience...

Life is divine chaos
Embrace it.  Forgive  yourself.   Breathe
           And enjoy the ride....   

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)