Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Would you say anything?

Posted by on Aug. 1, 2014 at 2:27 PM
  • 26 Replies
  • 318 Total Views

I overheard my 14yo nephew who is visiting tell a boy het met at the pool that my dd (18yo) is a bitch.

The 3 were talking about school etc, the boys swam away and my nephew said "She's a bitch...dont repeat that"

My feelings are so hurt. They have always had a bot of "sibling" rivalry but always enjoyed visiting, we live in diff states. If anyone, even a good friend, put her cousin down, she would defend him, not call him names.

My nephew is in town for a few more days, I am torn whether or not to confront him, or let it go.

What would you do?

by on Aug. 1, 2014 at 2:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Niccalyn
by Sister on Aug. 1, 2014 at 2:46 PM
1 mom liked this

Well...is she?  I mean if he actually has a reason for saying something like that (out of frustration or whatever), then I would just let it go.  Like if your DD puts him down or excludes him.  But if your DD is as sweet as pie to him at all times as far as you can tell, you might just want to ask him what would make him say something like that. 

MrsJHoward
by Pageant Mom on Aug. 1, 2014 at 2:49 PM
1 mom liked this
Maybe he just wanted to be "cool" in front of the other boys by using profanity and couldn't think of anything else to say.
Mariagma3
by Wild Midwest Lady on Aug. 1, 2014 at 2:54 PM
3 moms liked this

I would have said "excuse me, please don't use that language in or around our home. That is unacceptable." That's just me, though. :)

Moms_Angels1960
by Husker Babe on Aug. 1, 2014 at 3:01 PM
2 moms liked this

If you overheard it I wouldn't say anything if it was in front of you I would.

ALolies
by Red Room Rebel on Aug. 1, 2014 at 3:18 PM
3 moms liked this

I would assume this is a teenage boy trying act all "BIG" to the other guys. I would let him know I heard what he said and that it is not nice and she would never say bad things about him. But I really wouldn't take it to heart.

JodyLane555
by Sister on Aug. 1, 2014 at 3:59 PM
1 mom liked this
What a mean thing to say, wow!

Quoting Niccalyn:

Well...is she?  I mean if he actually has a reason for saying something like that (out of frustration or whatever), then I would just let it go.  Like if your DD puts him down or excludes him.  But if your DD is as sweet as pie to him at all times as far as you can tell, you might just want to ask him what would make him say something like that. 

MidwestMama55
by on Aug. 1, 2014 at 4:03 PM

Let it go.

BL2010
by BL on Aug. 1, 2014 at 4:05 PM

Hmmm, obviously you were close enough to hear him. I would have called him over and asked him privately why he said that.

GMMC
by Angie's Shadow ;) on Aug. 1, 2014 at 4:07 PM
Sounds like he is trying to be cool. But..

I would talk to him gently about it and let him know it hurt your feelings.
wenuck
by Moonshine on Aug. 1, 2014 at 4:47 PM
2 moms liked this
Well if it was I and I heard it I would of said something then to all of them cause that's me. But now I would talk to him about it!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN