Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

The Joys of Going Back To School... not

Posted by on Aug. 9, 2014 at 8:26 PM
  • 35 Replies
  • 370 Total Views

My children are headed back to school soon and I HAD to go back to school shopping, I would have rather done all that online except I wanted to be sure of fit and color. My youngest starts middle school and my oldest the last year of High School... Still have to do the school supply list but that will wail until after school has started. It was CRAZY out there! How many of you wait until last minute to shop... I wanted to hold on to summer a bit longer good

by on Aug. 9, 2014 at 8:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
arkmomma06
by Sister on Aug. 9, 2014 at 8:28 PM
1 mom liked this
My kids dad & step mom get my kids school supplies.

When do yours start back? Mine go back the 18th
DMP907
by on Aug. 9, 2014 at 8:29 PM

same here on the 18th 

LadyAmaranth
by Amaranth on Aug. 9, 2014 at 8:30 PM
1 mom liked this

You could say I waited LOL.

Shopped today, school starts Monday.

My mom, bless her heart, works at the college bookstore and has been bringing little things like pencils and notebooks plus got backpacks. So I mostly just needed clothes and new shoes.

DMP907
by on Aug. 9, 2014 at 8:33 PM

WOW that is nice, them mommas are just too good ;) ha! that is last min, that would have been me too if it wasn't for my oldest buggin =)

wildchild.com
by Janine on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:45 AM
1 mom liked this
I've already started & will pick up a few things here there. By September he'll be good to go.
Moms_Angels1960
by Husker Babe on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:52 AM
1 mom liked this

I didn't really have to get too much I only have 1 -7th grader. She didn't need much on the way of clothes or school supplies then I am a buy ahead type gal that picks up things all the time.

My Mom bless her heart she's 73 and she went and got our dd a bunch of stuff, and then gave us money for some other stuff. My dad always used to do that but he passed away last year so now my mom is doing it. I told them both we can take care of our own but they like to help out I guess.

Lori942
by UMMMMM....... on Aug. 10, 2014 at 10:06 AM
1 mom liked this

DS is a sophmore this year so he doesn't even get a school supply list until the 1st week of school.  He starts on the 26th.  He did get his hair cut this past week and he is stocked up on clothes.  I bought him Nike gymshoes last year and i'll tell ya these shoes still look like new...so worth the $70 I paid.

ChellBell2013
by Beach Lover on Aug. 10, 2014 at 10:09 AM
1 mom liked this
We dont go back till sept going to get the kids some stuff from my work were having 25 percent off right now friends and family and then my discount and I have 20 dollars in rewards and 5 dollars I got for a credit app so hoping to get the clothes done both boys have birthdays coming soon and will get clothes so dont wanna go to over board.
scapermom
by Sister on Aug. 10, 2014 at 11:28 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't go crazy anymore. I'll buy the basic supplies, unless I have a stash from big sales in previous years. We need to wait until she starts for what the specific needs are for each class (she's in middle school).

As for clothes, this year I'll only get her new sneakers (since she wore the ones I got her last year practically every day & they're shot as well as near outgrown) to start with. It's warm enough that she can continue with her summer stuff for a while.

Then we'll do a mall trip for things like jeans, boots, longer sleeve shirts, sweatshirts &fall/ winter outerwear for what doesn't fit her from last year.

DMP907
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 11:38 AM

yea we are still warm enough here too. The crazy thing here is children have to wear uniforms in Middle School only. I don't understand it and not ALL middle schools have too. I love having my kiddo home but I know they are bored.

Quoting scapermom:

I don't go crazy anymore. I'll buy the basic supplies, unless I have a stash from big sales in previous years. We need to wait until she starts for what the specific needs are for each class (she's in middle school).

As for clothes, this year I'll only get her new sneakers (since she wore the ones I got her last year practically every day & they're shot as well as near outgrown) to start with. It's warm enough that she can continue with her summer stuff for a while.

Then we'll do a mall trip for things like jeans, boots, longer sleeve shirts, sweatshirts &fall/ winter outerwear for what doesn't fit her from last year.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN