• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Where to find...

Posted by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 11:14 AM
  • 9 Replies
  • 269 Total Views

Last week we found out dh's sister-in-law has stage 3 breast cancer that has moved to her liver. I wanted to send a card to show our support but don't know where to find one. I have check several places and no luck. Anyone have an idea?

by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 11:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Lori942
by UMM....... Lori :) on Aug. 10, 2014 at 11:34 AM

I just sent a card to someone starting chemo for breast cancer.  I found one at Dollar General that simply said thinking of you on the outside and the inside was blank so I was able to write what I wanted. Keeping for dh's SIL in my thoughts and prayers.

Lori942
by UMM....... Lori :) on Aug. 10, 2014 at 11:38 AM

Just thought of a place I should have went that probably carried some beautiful cards.  It's called the Christian Book Store. 

nussknacker
by Sandra - Nutlady on Aug. 10, 2014 at 3:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Target has lots of cards. As does wal-mart., drug stores..even the grocery store has lots of cards.

DanaG70
by Tinker Bell on Aug. 10, 2014 at 3:42 PM

A hallmark store has a lot of cards.

1squishysmom
by Laurie on Aug. 10, 2014 at 3:48 PM

You are probably going to have to get a Thinking of You card. It would be so hard to write something yourself, though. I'm no good at that.

My friend just had stage 4 breast cancer, thank God, it didn't spread.  She just finished chemo a few months ago. It was so hard to even know what to say and I have known her all my life.

brooklynchic151
by Suzi Q on Aug. 10, 2014 at 3:58 PM
It seems a lot of stores these days sell cards..all the pharmacys. Target. Even khols..
ALolies
by Red Room Rebel on Aug. 10, 2014 at 7:52 PM
1 mom liked this

You may check at a Christian bookstore.

squeekers
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 8:58 PM

Hallmark sells sympathy, support & cancer cards.

Micawife
by on Aug. 11, 2014 at 12:42 AM
1 mom liked this

When I found out my dear friend had pancreatic cancer last year, I found a singing card at Hallmark from the support section. I also sent her a small stuffed animal for her to hold onto during her chemo.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)