Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice needed

Posted by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 2:53 PM
  • 28 Replies
  • 442 Total Views
We have a kid in the neighborhood who hits everyone. His parents say they have tried everything to break him of it. Problem is the kids won't hit back. So he keeps doing it. He is no longer allowed to play with my ss. But how do I get ss to defend himself instead of accepting an apology and then it happens again the next day.
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 2:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DanaG70
by Tinker Bell on Aug. 10, 2014 at 3:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh that's a tough one, I mean you don't want kids to hit back, but some times that's what it takes to get the point across. Maybe your SS will get tired of it and hit back hard enough to hurt.

I've always told my kids it was better to walk away, unless you can't get away, then you have every right to defend yourself. 

opinionatedmom
by Gold sister on Aug. 10, 2014 at 3:26 PM
I think the reason he hits so much is no one hits back. Hitting once on a while is one thing , daily is another

Quoting DanaG70:

Oh that's a tough one, I mean you don't want kids to hit back, but some times that's what it takes to get the point across. Maybe your SS will get tired of it and hit back hard enough to hurt.

I've always told my kids it was better to walk away, unless you can't get away, then you have every right to defend yourself. 

DanaG70
by Tinker Bell on Aug. 10, 2014 at 3:40 PM

I agree, I think I wouldn't say anything to SS if he were to hit this kid back, I mean a person can only take so much before it gets annoying. How old are the kids we are talking about?

Quoting opinionatedmom: I think the reason he hits so much is no one hits back. Hitting once on a while is one thing , daily is another
Quoting DanaG70:

brooklynchic151
by Suzi Q on Aug. 10, 2014 at 3:51 PM
1 mom liked this
Hmmm this is tough..I've taught my sons don't ever throw the first punch walk away BUT. If they hit you, hit right back... You have to defend yourself.
Sorry that kid needs a taste of his own medicine
catloveralways
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 3:57 PM

I'm   wondering  if  this  is  his  way  of  getting attention.   Maybe   the  only  thing   he   knows. If  he's  younger  then 12   He  needs  a  Big Brother figure.

AndrewsMomPDX
by Christine on Aug. 10, 2014 at 4:04 PM
I agree with this:

Quoting brooklynchic151: Hmmm this is tough..I've taught my sons don't ever throw the first punch walk away BUT. If they hit you, hit right back... You have to defend yourself.
opinionatedmom
by Gold sister on Aug. 10, 2014 at 4:36 PM

Quoting DanaG70:

I agree, I think I wouldn't say anything to SS if he were to hit this kid back, I mean a person can only take so much before it gets annoying. How old are the kids we are talking about?

Quoting opinionatedmom: I think the reason he hits so much is no one hits back. Hitting once on a while is one thing , daily is another

Quoting DanaG70:

opinionatedmom
by Gold sister on Aug. 10, 2014 at 4:38 PM
We have told ds to hit back, he won't because the kid apologizes. One of their other friends won't hit back because this kid doesn't want to be hit.

Quoting brooklynchic151: Hmmm this is tough..I've taught my sons don't ever throw the first punch walk away BUT. If they hit you, hit right back... You have to defend yourself.
opinionatedmom
by Gold sister on Aug. 10, 2014 at 4:39 PM
He has a 12 yr old brotjer

Quoting catloveralways:

I'm   wondering  if  this  is  his  way  of  getting attention.   Maybe   the  only  thing   he   knows. If  he's  younger  then 12   He  needs  a  Big Brother figure.

DanaG70
by Tinker Bell on Aug. 10, 2014 at 4:59 PM
Boy, I was expecting a little older. Your ss needs to hit him back, or at least tell the kid he doesn't like and to stop hitting him. I can understand why he doesn't though.

Quoting opinionatedmom: 5

Quoting DanaG70:

Quoting DanaG70:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)